Chapter 78

Update before my finals week~
___________________________________

"...Why am I happy? I think of your face," She took in a shaky breath, her fingers delicately caressing Minjeong's hand, "...Only stay by my side, forever you...You came to me with the wind like the swaying flowers...You knocked on my heart...I love you," She smiled, taking a brief pause as she stared at her closed eyelids, before she sang under her breath again.

"...My heart hurts when I see you," She caressed her cheek, her eyes tearing up, "...It's alright, it's love...Why am I happy? I think of your face," She took in a shaky breath, her fingers delicately caressing her hand, "...Only stay by my side, forever you...You came to me with the wind like the swaying flowers...You knocked on my heart...I love you," She smiled, taking a brief pause as she stared at her closed eyelids, before she sang under her breath again.

"...My heart hurts when I see you," She caressed her cheek, her eyes tearing up, "...It's alright, it's love..."

"...My flawed heart and my love, will you accept it...?...Me?"

"...Love me," She sang, a soft smile crossing her lips as a tear ran down her left cheek.

"...I love you."

She gulped down and took in a deep breath, holding her hands tightly between hers as she heard the beeping of the heart monitor in the background.

Minjeong was just sleeping.

And she truthfully wanted her to rest but...it scared her.

The thought that, perhaps, she would never wake up again.

...It frightened her.

"...I know you'll come back home soon," She took in a shaky breath, "You'll be fine before you even realize it."

"...Miss Yu, visiting hours are over."

Jimin nodded, getting up from the seat. She leaned down and kissed Minjeong's forehead, briefly leaning her own with her.

"...I'll be back soon. I love you."

Jimin leaned up and sighed deeply, turning around and bowing politely at the nurse before she left the room. The nurse bowed down to her as well, and closed the door behind Jimin's back as soon as she exited the bedroom.

Jimin pressed her eyes tightly together and bit her lip, before she opened her eyes again and blinked them, trying to push those tears away. She took the cap and the special plastic gown out of her, before trashing them in a close bin made for them.

As soon as she exited the ICU, she was able to see her best friend, who was holding her daughter with a soft smile.

"...Minji misses her mama too, Jimin ah," Giselle muttered, as Jimin walked up to her.

The older pursued her trembling lips as she brought her baby to her arms, trying her best to prevent herself from crying. Giselle rubbed her shoulder comfortably, and smiled, pushing Jimin along with her as they exited the hospital.

"...Thank you for waiting," Jimin whispered, looking at Giselle for a moment. Giselle just smiled and wrapped her arm around Jimin, her left hand holding her friend's left forearm.

"No need to thank for-"

Giselle stopped short of her sentence as she stared at the door of the hospital. Noticing her friend had halted her steps, Jimin looked up as well, feeling her daughter's steady breath on the skin under her collarbone.

Flocked with journalists.

Giselle blinked, looking at Jimin, "We could ask the hospital staff to go out by the back door-"