Chapter 93

"See this picture? This was your mother when she was your age, and this was your grandmother," He smiled, holding the baby on his lap tightly to him with his hands, "Your grandmother would have loved to meet you. Did you know you look just like her? Of course...You're just like your beautiful mother," He flipped another page, "Look, this is your mother on her first anniversary. Can you see how pretty this hanbok is? I promise that grandpa will get you the most beautiful hanbok for your first anniversary too."

Jimin stopped by the door frame of her father's house library, staring at her father as he showed her daughter her baby and childhood pictures. She cleared her throat and briefly bowed down to her father, and he immediately turned his attention to her.

"Oh, Jimin," He looked up at her with a smile, "I hope you and Minjeong don't mind about it but, I went to pick Minji up, I wanted to show her some things," He answered with a smile, before he got up from his armchair, holding the baby tightly on his arms, "Do you want to hold her or something?"

"No, I...I'm going to work today," She answered, surprising him.

"...Work? With that crazy bastard around town-"

"-Minjeong and Chanyeol oppa will be around Jihyo and I all day long, so please don't worry, father."

"Oh," He said, acknowledging his daughter's words, "Is it so?"

Jimin nodded with a soft smile, "I was wondering if you'd like to take care of Minji today with my parents-in-law," Jimin said at the end, surprising her father. Sooman had to admit that he was nervous as hell. He did consider them his family now. but he had told them so many hurtful words in the past, and he knew he would never be able to take those back. Just to think he would have to take care of his granddaughter with his daughter-in-law's parents...It just left him utterly nervous. Feeling even more nervous than the very same day he took the presidency of group, back when Jimin was only eight years old.

"...Okay," He said, smiling at his daughter, "But I think you should hold her first. She'll miss her mother for the rest of the day."

Jimin walked inside of the library, as her father walked towards her as well, handing her her daughter for a brief second.

"Good morning, Minji ah," Jimin muttered with a wide smile, her eyes shining, even. Sooman felt a pang on his chest when he saw the happiness in his daughter's eyes the moment she held her baby in her arms. It was so rare for him to see that gleam in her eyes. The last time he had seen it was when she had given birth to her son.
...

"Aigoo...You're eating so well," Jimin whispered with teary eyes, caressing her son's head with her delicate long fingers. He could see her hospital bracelet on her left wrist, her black hair sprawled against the pillow, completely messed up because of her sweat; all this while carefully observing as her baby boy steadily sucked milk from her right breast, "Isn't Kim Jeongwoo the cutest baby in the world? Hmm?"

Sooman carefully observed his daughter through the small gap of the door, seeing as she reclined her head on the pillow and softly patted the baby's side with her left palm, a soft smile gracing her lips.

"...You look just like your mama, baby," She whispered, her lips parting up with her words, but not breaking her smile, "You're just like mama, Jeongwoo..."
...

"Did you sleep well?" She giggled, "Of course you did, you fell asleep while listening to mama's heartbeat, wasn't it? My cute baby," She muttered, kissing her daughter's forehead. She smiled and sighed, caressing her daughter's cheeks with the back of her hand, "Eomma is going to work now, and mama is going with me...Can you spend a day without mama? Hmmm?"

The baby blinked her eyes, silently sucking on her pacifier. Jimin smiled, "You're staying with your grandparents today. With grandma Taeyeon, grandpa Kibum and grandpa Sooman. Okay?"