Chapter 25

"Come on...slow...You can do it."

Giselle held Jimin's arm tightly as they walked up the gate of her mansion. Giselle knew how much it physically hurt Jimin to climb up those stairs; afterall, she had just given birth the day before.

Giselle opened the door and helped Jimin to go in, holding her waist,"Slow Rina...Slow."

Jimin's father, who was sitting on the couch, folded his newspaper and sighed, pouring some whiskey in his glass.

"...Came back from the hospital, Jimin ah?"

Giselle nodded silently, and held Jimin tightly, helping her out in the difficult task she would soon endure. Sooman chuckled and shook his head, as he saw his daughter staring at the stairs, trying to climb them up but being unable to do so because of the pain.

Jimin closed her eyes tightly, trying to ignore the pain on her tights. She didn't only feel sore; but she also felt nauseous and as if someone had pierced her skin deep, not counting that there was an actual open wound in her lower area.

It was just so painful, that she just wanted to cry.

Afterall, she had been five hours in the dilation room and then three in the delivery room; eight hours in labor in total.

And now, her child had disappeared and the emotional burden she was carrying inside of her for not being able to take care of her own baby summed up to the physical pain she could barely bear.

"Why are you helping her, Giselle shii? She was the one who wanted to go on with that pregnancy, she has to live with the consequences...If she can't climb the stairs, it's entirely her problem."

Giselle stared in shock at Jimin's father, not believing what he had just said. She turned Jimin slightly around, trying to talk to her.

"Now, Jimin ah...See, it's such a relief that you don't have to take care of that baby anymore...and that Minjeong gold digger is dead now...you know, she just used your body so that she could have a child, it was more than obvious...Now, you should find a decent man, marry him and have decent children...you know, grandkids for me."

Suho overheard the conversation and stared at Giselle, as she just couldn't believe what Jimin's father had said to his own daughter.

She perfectly knew that her best friend's father could be strict at times but, right in that moment, he had exceeded any possible limit he could. The way he was addressing himself to Jimin, the way he was treating her...it was nearing the borders of psychological abuse. She just couldn't bring herself to understand how a father could be like that to his own daughter...She just couldn't believe that situation was even happening.

"...Miss, I'll carry you upstairs," Suho offered to Jimin, holding her hand gently.

"Yes, Suho. Help her. Help that whore," Her father remarked at the end, before getting up from his couch, fixing his suit and collecting his things, "I don't know how you even help her, does she even deserve it?"

Giselle breathed in deeply and caressed Jimin's cheek, "I'm going to the police station, okay? I'll come back later."
______________________________________________________________________

"Rina!"

"Jimin ah! I bought mango bread for you!"

Giselle frowned. Jimin was still recovering from the huge shock of losing both her son and Minjeong, but she would always greet her friend no matter what.

Yes, it had only happened a week before, and it was very recent; but Giselle still hoped Jimin could recover from the shock. However, Giselle was completely aware that the constant rejections of the police department workers to file a searching request because of what she called the 'birth certificate issue' was taking its obvious toll on Jimin.