Chapter 58

2 months after

Jimin smiled softly, feeling her fingertips delicately pressing on the piano keys; as if caressing them. It had been so long since she had last played piano and, truth to be told, she just missed it so much.

She looked over the piano and saw Minjeong silently sleeping on the bed, wearing pajama pants and a hoodie and her hair all messed up. She looked so peaceful, that she just didn't want to interrupt her. But her hands and her ears craved for some peaceful music to calm her soul down. She was glad she was able to lower down the volume of the instrument, otherwise, Minjeong would have woken up already.

She smiled to herself, feeling her baby moving around. She was just glad that she was going to find out that month if she was having a boy or a girl. She wanted to know it already, and curiosity killed her. To be honest; she preferred to have a baby girl this time, but it still would be okay if they had another boy. She didn't actually mind.

All she wanted was this baby to be safe and happy.

Even if that meant her absence.

"...You like this song, baby?"

She felt locks of her hair falling down her shoulders with her arms movements; the locks of hair brushing against her skin softly.

She breathed out a smile.

"Your older brother liked it as well."

With a bittersweet smile, she reminded herself that, back when she was pregnant with Jeongwoo, she would play her piano every single day for him. She still remembers how her son moved inside of her, or started kicking. She had to admit that yes, it hurt; but, at the same time, it made her feel so blissful.

Feeling what it was like to have a child again, it just felt so good to her. She did feel, indeed, like a mother. And, seeing the love of her life sleeping peacefully in their bed, reminded her that, for the first time in her life, she had a family.

Her, Minjeong, and their baby.

She knew it wouldn't last long, given her condition. But those last three months next to Minjeong were...they have been so incredible, just as she wanted them to be, or even better.

Her eyes looked towards the bed as she heard the rustling of the sheets, and she immediately stopped playing. She mentally cursed herself for playing the piano when Minjeong was still asleep, but something deep inside her had managed to control her mind and had convinced her to play the piano, no matter what was going on in her surroundings.

Minjeong breathed out through her nose deeply and opened her eyes lightly, staring at Jimin as she sat by the piano. She cleared her throat and got up from the piano, pausing her left hand on her swollen belly, making Jimin move to leave so that she wouldn't bother her anymore.

"...Where are you going?"

Jimin stopped on her tracks and stared at Minjeong, as she sat up on the bed, running a hand through her hair and blinking her eyes; as she got up from the bed.

"Sorry if I woke you up, Minjeong ah. I'll promise I won't-"

"No, keep playing."

Jimin's eyes widened in surprise, and she frowned softly.

"You want me to play?"

Minjeong breathed out a smile, sitting next to her in the space she still had left from the piano seat.

"I didn't ask you to stop, did I?"

Jimin chuckled, breathing out a smile as she shook her head.

"I just wanted to relieve some stress," Jimin began, breathing out a deep sigh, "Besides, the baby likes it so I just kept going," She sighed, looking at her, "Still, I'm sorry if I woke you up."