Chapter 64

"Do you know why I hate you?"  

Minjeong took in a shaky breath, staring at Jimin's peaceful facial expression.

"...I hate you because even though I'm 3 months older than you, you've never called me unnie. Not even once," She muttered, sounding a little indignant, as a tear rolled down her cheek, "You disrespectful rascal."

Minjeong held her hand tighter and looked down.

"I hate you...Because you always want to do things on your own, in your way...And because you can't bear to worry others about what's wrong with you."

She brought her hand up to her mouth, kissing it.

"I...can't stand how you can make me feel like crap and so happy at the same time, don't you think it's unfair?"

She leaned her head back, looking at the ceiling.

"I...wanted to hate you so, so much. But I just..."

She closed her eyes.

"...I can't."

She opened her eyes, feeling them tearing up with the tears that threatened to fall. She took in a shaky breath and stared at Jimin, holding her hand even tighter than before.

"...Although you've been disrespectful all those years because you've never called me unnie...Despite your cover ups...Even if I suffered so much already because of you...I can't hate you."

"...I love you too much."

She roamed her eyes around the bedroom, shaking her head.

"Why didn't you tell me, Jimin!?" 

"I..."

She was going to say something else, but she just let out a heartbroken sob. She leaned her head down, closing her eyes as she held her hand, pausing it against her forehead.

The pain inside of her chest was just unbearable. Knowing what she had done, and the reason why she had done it...And now, watching her in that situation, that fragile...That morning, that very same morning...She had woken up as if it was some other day. Hell, Minjeong had fallen asleep next to her, and she was pretty sure Jimin lost precious time of sleep that night because of her. Knowing she was healthy just hours before, enduring everything for her...And now, knowing she was almost dying...

...It just made her desperate, as if she wanted to kill herself.

"...Minji ah," She took in a deep breath, looking up at the same time she wiped her tears, which was soon proved to be useless as more tears started pouring down her eyes again, "...S-She needs e-eomma, Jimin."

She chuckled, a teardrop falling from her cheek down to her hand, "You should see her...She's so pretty...And big, and..." She looked at Jimin, sobbing, "...She looks just like you..."

***

Busan, 11th April 2000

"Hasn't she given birth yet?"

The maid looked at the frantic male in front of her, and shook her head in denial.

"No, Mr. Yu. Miss Ha Neul is still in labor," The maid said, before a scream of pain echoed through the walls of the mansion. Sooman flinched, somewhat frightened, wondering if his wife would actually be okay.

His father had insisted that she should give birth at home, claiming that a Yu doesn't need to give birth in a hospital'. He had insisted on taking Ha Neul to the hospital or, at least, to a clinic, but his father was just too stubborn and powerful. He didn't want to give his back to his father and then feel the consequences of it. So, as soon as a call arrived to his office in the bank, saying his wife was giving birth; he just rushed out of the building so that he could assist her in case something went wrong.