Chapter 77

Sorry I've been gone for so long. Got caught up in school stuff and family events. My finals are next week so hopefully I'll update more for you guys. Thank you to my readers who waited <3.
__________________________________

Jimin blinked softly, her eyes opening slowly as she regained consciousness.

"...Min-"

Jimin's lips parted and she kept staring at her empty side on the bed; her memories and her full consciousness finally dawning on her.

At first, she thought it was a nightmare. She wanted to believe it was a nightmare, or just her eyes that were tricking her. But she knew it wasn't a trick of her mind, nor a nightmare.

Minjeong really was on the verge of death...again.

Jimin sat up on the bed all of a sudden, breathing heavily as she felt tears brimming up on her eyes. The pressure on her chest made it hard to breathe for her; and that crushing feeling slowly made it feel so overwhelming for her.

Her eyes roamed around their bedroom, realizing and remembering that she wasn't supposed to be there; as she had passed out in the living room after she asked about her daughter's whereabouts.

She took the sheets hurriedly out of her, getting up from the bed and exiting the bedroom in a rush.

She wasn't sure if it was her motherly instinct or something like that; but something just pushed her to immediately check on her daughter. She took in a shaky breath and opened her daughter's bedroom door, her eyes nervously roaming around for a second; before she breathed out deeply in relief, seeing the little baby peacefully sleeping on her crib.

...

"...Okay...so, what name should we give her? Any suggestions?"

She looked at Minjeong's face as she pursed her lips, bringing Jimin closer to her, sighing deeply as her arms kept tightly wrapped around her frame.

"...Mmm," Minjeong began, humming, "Now that's a really good question you just asked there," Minjeong snuggled her head deeper on the pillow, roaming her eyes around as she thought of the possibilities she had. She breathed out a shy smile as she remembered something from the past, and leaned her head down. Jimin chuckled at her reaction and shook her head, pushing her shoulder lightly.

"...What were you thinking? Yah..."

She looked at her with a boyish grin.

"...Hei...Sook...?"

Jimin blinked, not wanting to believe what she was saying.

"Heisook? Heisook?!"

"...Yeah?"

She smiled a little.

"...You remembered that...?"

"...Yes I did hit my head hard but I remember that, Miss Jimin."

She smiled lightly, "But Minjeong ah-"

"-No buts."

Jimin patted her cheek, making Minjeong smile, "You fool, why would you call her that." She muttered, feeling Minjeong's hand gripping her waist tighter, "...But...you can always call her Heisook if you feel like it."

"...Name?"

"...Min," Minjeong began pursing her lips.

"...Ji?"

Jimin looked up at her, hearing her soft whisper.

"...Well...Minji does sound good," She whispered, nodding at her suggestion, "...Mmm...Minji. I like it."