Chapter 54

"Where did you go?"

Jimin looked at her husband as soon as she heard his question, calmly collecting her clothes and storing them inside of her wardrobe. She was glad that, even though they were married, she and Jeno slept in different rooms. Otherwise, it would be torture for her.

Jimin sighed and patted the clothes softly, putting them in their right place.

"Giselle's," Jimin sighed and leaned down for a moment, collecting up more clothes to store inside of her wardrobe, "As you know today it rained and I got wet so I took a shower at her home. Just in case you asked me why my shampoo smells different."

What Jimin was saying was actually half-true. The reason why she had taken a bath wasn't because of the rain, but because she had had sex with Minjeong. However, she did shower at Giselle's place.

Jimin looked at her husband again, as he nodded silently; wondering what kind of thoughts were running through his mind. Jimin didn't even want to imagine what he could do to her if he even imagined she had spent a passionate afternoon with Minjeong. They weren't together for that long, just a couple hours; but the fact that they were able to see each other after a whole month, make amends between them and still have time to talk and to enjoy their love was more than satisfying and relieving for her.

Jeno entered inside of her bedroom, walking slowly towards her as she closed the wardrobe and looked at him, somehow focusing a little of her attention on him.

"Did you bring the ultrasounds with you?"

Jimin knew she had to come up with a lie. She was glad she had hidden the ultrasounds well; otherwise, he would find them and it would be disastrous. She knew that, if she saw those '7 weeks' written in that little, tiny paper instead of '4 weeks', he would eventually find out everything and god knows what he would be able to do to her...And she wasn't only scared for herself, but also for her baby. If he ever found out that the baby was Minjeong's, she was scared that he would forcefully make her abort.

"No, the machine had run out of ink," She lied, justifying that she didn't possess any ultrasound with her. He frowned at her answer, looking quite serious.

"Shouldn't they have checked out the levels of ink of the machine before your session?"

Jimin laughed softly, shaking her head, "You know that's not my responsibility, so don't blame me. It actually started printing but it only printed the edge of the ultrasound. The doctor checked out the ink levels and she discovered that there weren't any. She apologized to me but I told her it's okay."

"Tape it?"

"I forgot."

Jeno pursed his lips.

"Couldn't you have taken a picture with your cellphone?"

"They didn't allow me to use cellphones there."

He looked at her with some distrust, but just decided to dismiss it. Still, Jimin's heart beat wildly...She just couldn't let Jeno find out she was going to give birth to Minjeong's child. At least, not so soon. She was terrified of what he could do to both her and the baby if he ever found it out...She was so scared that she didn't even desire or wish to think about it.

He breathed out deeply and nodded, looking seriously at her.

"If I ever find out you're lying you'll see what I'll do to you."
_____________________________________________________________________

Taeyeon knocked on her daughter's bedroom door, asking for permission to enter. As soon as she heard her soft reply, she entered the inside of her bedroom, holding a cup of coffee and a plate with some cookies.