Chapter 96

"Hello," She muttered to the driver, before she leaned down, putting her public transportation card against the electronic device next to the door of the vehicle. The man bowed his head at her, which she did too. She held on the bar as the bus started moving, her left hand holding tightly on it as her right handheld on her swollen tummy.

People side-eyed her, and she just leaned her head down, avoiding their inquiring gazes. Probably not everyone in there knew who she was, but someone had to know it; as she saw some people looking at her despectfully while whispering almost silent words into each other's ears.

She pursed her lips and held herself tighter to the bar, after almost falling down as the bus increased its speed. She took in a deep breath and looked at the middle aged woman next to her, the seat next to her occupied by her purse.

"...Can I-"

"-Can't you walk? There's plenty of places over there," She said, pointing with her chin at the back of the bus. Jimin bit her lip and bowed her head down, letting go of the bar and now holding herself on the border of the seats.

"Tsk, nowadays' whores don't even know what a condom is..."

She gulped down, ignoring what the previous woman had just said, and breathed out a smile of her own as she found two empty seats, sitting down. She sighed heavily in relief, leaning her head against the window, her hand rubbing her tummy as her baby moved around, kicking.

"...Jeongwoo ah, you're really heavy," She whispered to herself, almost silently. It was early February, and she was only one month away from the due date. Her tummy wasn't that big, as her baby was tucked against her back; which considerably increased her back pain. And with the air being so cold outside, she thought her bones would crack at any moment.

She brought her bag up to her lap, opening its zipper so that she could open it up. She sighed and smiled as she saw the envelope, opening it up.

Her lips curved up even more as she saw the silver ring hanging in the silver chain, holding it on her right hand as she stared at it. She patted her tummy and looked down at it, locks of her dark wavy hair falling on the navy blue knees-length coat.

"...See? I made a necklace with mama's ring," She briefly muttered, before she put it back inside of the envelope, "Eomma will put it on when I get home, before it gets lost."

...

"...You say...I'm crazy," She swept her hand on his hair, seeing his eyes closed, his lips slightly parted, "...Cause you don't think I know what you've done...But...when you call me baby...I know I'm not the only one."

His eyes fluttered open, staring up at his mother. Jimin smiled softly and cupped his cheek, hugging him closer.

"...Can't sleep?"

The boy shook his head.

"...Those two guys left but I'm scared of the one who took you with him before," The boy muttered, "He was making weird noises and I couldn't hear you...And then you came back crying."

Jimin took in a shaky breath, shaking her head softly from left to right, "Eomma's okay. Don't worry and sleep, alright-"

"-Eomma."

She blinked, looking at him with a smile.

"...Yes?"

He buried his head deeper on the pillow, pursing his lips, "...How did you and mama meet?"

Jimin chuckled, "Eomma threw mama's books on the floor. My books ended up falling down too because they were heavy."

"Really?"