Chapter 44

"What's up with you...?" Yunjin asked a very gloomy Minjeong. The smile she was wearing before now disappeared after seeing her best friend in such a depressive state. The black haired woman just looked at the older and then glanced back to her cup of beer, taking a sip of it.

"Jimin," Was all she muttered taking a deep breath, "She had a car accident."

Yunjin looked not so surprised with the news.

"Right, I heard about it in the news."

"Yes..."

Yunjin looked intently at Minjeong, crossing her arms in front of her chest.

"Is she alright?"

"I don't know."

"How come you don't know?"

"Her father, remember?"

"Oh."

Silence engulfed both for what seemed long minutes. Yunjin noticed the awkward situation between them and decided to interrupt the silence and seriousness with a happy and joyful topic.

"Erm you know..." She began, making Minjeong look up at her, "Me and Kazuha...we can't have kids so we're adopting a child."

Minjeong looked very surprised at the beginning, but suddenly happiness for her friend's welfare began to grow on her and she smiled softly but brightly.

"Congrats, you really deserve it...things have been very harsh on you lately."

"Yeah, I know. We've been through a lot lately, so it's hard to focus on just one thing at the same time."

Minjeong nodded to Yunjin's wise words.

"And did you decide what child you're going to adopt already?"

"Yes."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

Yunjin crossed her arms above the table, "He's 5 years old, and his name is Mi Joon."

"Was he abandoned?"

Yunjin nodded.

"Caught neumonia less than a day after he was born. He has asthma because of it."

The older sighed but then smiled.

"Must be a little warrior."

Yunjin breathed out a smile.

"You know what? I'm just going to show you a picture of him," She said, searching for her cellphone in her jeans pocket, making Minjeong even more curious to find out how the child was.

"Aha! I found it!" Yunjin said, after touching the touch screen a few times. She grinned and gave the cellphone to Minjeong.

"Here he is."

Minjeong looked at the photograph. She could see a black haired boy smiling cutely at the camera, holding a corn cob in his hands. The small dimples made his smile look even more adorable, and his deep brown eyes accentuated his youth.

Something shook Minjeong the moment she saw the boy's picture. It was a familiar feeling; something that she was used to; but she just couldn't point out her finger to it. She couldn't describe what she was feeling; as it was too strong but unknown at the same time for her.

"He looks like a good kid to me," Minjeong said, returning Yunjin's cell phone to its owner. Yunjin grinned and locked the cellphone's screen, before putting it inside of her jeans' pocket.

"You know...this might sound silly and pathetic...but he kinda reminds me of you."

Minjeong chuckled.