Chapter 20

Small challenge: If two of my chapters out of this story can get at least 50 votes, I'll post 5 chapter updates on the same day we achieve that goal. I decided this would at least be something to distract from the heartache. Just know I don't mean to cause the pain on purpose 😫😩

Her breath and heartbeat stopped and tears were welling up in her eyes once more. Her hands and body were trembling madly. Giselle held her by her shoulders. Ryujin just observed her friend, and started sobbing, not wanting to believe what was happening.

"UNNIE! UNNNIIIIEEE!!"

Jimin's eyes moved towards the direction of Minjeong's younger sister, as she screamed her lungs out.

...

"What do you want for dinner?"

Minjeong's sudden sentence almost made her jump on her seat. Jimin put her hand over her chest, breathing heavily,

"God, you scared me!"

She approached her and put both of her hands on her cheeks, pecking her lips affectionately.

"I'm sorry."

...

She turned around and leaned against the sink, staring at the door frame. A drop that was resting on her chin dropped down to her collarbone, before it ran down her right breast. She breathed heavily, feeling Minjeong's hands on her waist, her eyes clouded with lust.

Jimin grunted as her girlfriend pulled her, quickly capturing her lips with her own. She brought her hands up to her head, fumbling with Minjeong's hair as they kept kissing aggressively. She crossed her legs on her waist and momentarily broke the kiss, staring right into her eyes.

She closed her eyes as her lips kissed hers again, and she held her chin, breathing heavily between the kisses.

"Minjeong...I have to take a shower..." She managed to whisper between the kisses, before she pulled Minjeong away lightly.

"Let me spoil you while you take it..." She muttered back, kissing her again. Minjeong's hands went down and cupped her backside, making her moan lightly.

...

Suddenly, her breath hitched and became fast. Tears began streaming down her beautiful features and her eyes widened.

...

She snuggled closer to her, and breathed in.

"...You're a dork but I love you."

"...I love you too."

...

"S-she..."

She couldn't finish the sentence as a strangled sob came out of her throat. She wanted to talk, but her breath would get stuck up on her throat. It was like she was suffocating.

"W-Win..."

She looked around, still not wanting to believe it.

"She's not dead, it's just a joke..." She smiled in pain and irony and sobbed hard, "She's not dead! I know she isn't!" She ran her hands through her raven hair in exasperation.

"Miss Yu," The doctor said. It wasn't the first time he saw a person reacting this way when he or she just finished losing a loved one.

Ryujin came to Jimin's side, and, with Giselle's help, tried to keep Jimin in her place.

"She isn't dead!" She ran in the hallway, until she found Minjeong being taken away from the surgery room to the corpses' room.

She was still beautiful as always, with the difference that she was paler than before and she didn't breathe. It seemed like she was sleeping. She paused her shaking hand above her cold cheek and caressed it with her thumb.