Chapter 55

"Miss Jimin! Miss!"

Jimin didn't even hear the maid, as she just kept packing up her stuff in various suitcases. She somehow managed to fit in all the clothes of her wardrobe, throwing them inside of her suitcase. She didn't care anymore; not even how in the hell she was going to pack up her clothes. She just wanted to leave the place, and fast.

The pain she was feeling in the pit of her chest was too big already. She didn't want to suffer much more. She didn't even know if she could bear being deceived by her father again.

The maid only saw as the young heiress closed the three large suitcases, breathing heavily at the end. Jimin sat on the floor, gasping for some breath. It wasn't too long before the maid rushed to her side, obviously concerned about her health.

"Miss, you're pregnant...You shouldn't force your body like that," The older woman pleaded, holding the younger's shoulders. Jimin bit her lip and shook her head, tears falling down her cheeks.

"Why can't my father accept that I just want to be happy, ahjumma?"

Jimin sobbed as she felt the older woman enveloping her in a tight hug, soothing her down somehow. That woman, she had always treated Jimin as if she was her daughter. Together with Suho, she was the one who had taught her so many things; not only about her mother, but also life. When she had her first period, it had been that maid who had helped her out. When she was pregnant with her baby, it had been that maid, together with Minjeong's mother, that had helped her out during the pregnancy. Jimin had never had a mother; but, somehow, that woman had always been a kind of maternal figure for her.

"Jimin ah," The woman began, caressing Jimin's cheek, "You shouldn't cry. Crying makes people look ugly. You're still beautiful when you cry but it aches my heart to see you like this."

The older woman smiled and made Jimin look at her, "Your father might dislike her, but we all appreciate Kim a lot. What she's done for you...she made you so happy in the past and she can make you so happy again," She wiped Jimin's tears, "You should fight for your happiness, Jimin ah. You did it in the past and you can do it again."

Jimin nodded, wiping her own tears with her trembling fingers, getting up from the floor with the help of the other woman.

"I'm leaving this house, ahjumma," Jimin began, taking in a deep breath, "I don't think I can stay here longer." 

"So you're leaving?"

Jimin looked at her bedroom's door, seeing her father standing there. He looked like a mixture of madness and betrayal; she wasn't sure. But there was this thing she was certainly sure of: she didn't want to see his face ever again.

She stared back at him hardly, gulping down silently as the maid helped her with her suitcases. Jimin grabbed two of them, leaning down for a moment. Her father breathed out deeply, unmoving.

"I see you're leaving for good this time."

Jimin decided to ignore her father, and looked around her bedroom for a few seconds. She was definitely going to miss it. She had her piano there, her things...so many memories had been made inside of that bedroom. It still seemed like the day before when Minjeong used to sneak inside of her bedroom during the night and they had those late night talks or just made love to each other in the secrecy of her bedroom.

"I've had enough," Jimin muttered, staring at him hard.

"If you leave this house, you're leaving this family."

Jimin bit her lip, shaking her head, not wanting to believe what her father was saying.

"Family? What kind of family-"