Chapter 83

"...Yeah... Can you stay with Minji then...? If it's not a bother, I mean... Jimin fell asleep, she's tired and we're not home-Oh, yeah? Thanks," She sighed and nodded, hearing her sister's words, "Thank you so much, Ning, I love you," She breathed out a quick smile and hung up the call.

Minjeong turned her head around, staring at Jimin as she slept steadily. The brown haired woman moaned slightly in discomfort and then took in a deep breath, parting her lips unconsciously.

She couldn't help but feel pained by what Jimin had told her minutes earlier. Just before she fell asleep in her comforting hug, she had revealed to her that, during Minji's pregnancy, she had also been pregnant with another baby, whom she had eventually lost from Jeno's disgusting behavior. The second baby had been estimated to have only been around for two weeks before passing. Due to the baby passing in the first trimester of the pregnancy, the only evidence of a second child was during the surgical procedure to save Jimin's life after she gave birth to Minji. It broke Jimin's heart when the doctor came in with the news a couple days after she woke up, but she didn't have the heart to tell Minjeong.

Minjeong felt horrible for acknowledging the loss of their child so late, but she also wondered how lonely Jimin must have felt, enduring such news on her own while she was busy arguing with Jimin's father.

But she should have already known how she was; someone who wouldn't share her pain with others so that they wouldn't suffer what she was suffering.

But at the same time she felt regretful; she also felt thankful. Jimin and her could have lost two babies in that incident, but Minji was able to make it through the rest of the pregnancy and, despite all the problems both Jimin and her had had during it, she was a healthy 4 months-old baby.

And to know that, even if she wasn't right in that exact moment laying on her arms, her daughter was safe and perfectly healthy... It made her feel so blessed.

She got up from her red couch, roaming her eyes around the bedroom. She had been there many times, even spending the night there; but that was the first time she was actually paying attention to her surroundings. Jimin's king-sized bed was close to her veranda, and had small bedside tables by each side. At the side of the bed that was facing the wall and not the veranda, there was a huge shelf full of books and photo frames of all kinds. The couch was about 3 meters away from the bed and; around 2 meters or so behind it, she had a beautiful, white grand piano.

Minjeong smiled, remembering the little concerts she would give her and their daughter during weekends.

Jimin took in a shaky breath in the middle of her sleep, which made Minjeong look back at her. Minjeong sighed and walked slowly towards her bed, trying to make her steps silent as she was apparently enjoying her deep slumber.

Her hair was sprawled in the pillow, her head turned to the left side, her back against the mattress, as her bra-clad chest was barely covered by the sheets and duvet. Minjeong grinned and grabbed the hem of the duvet, pushing it up. Jimin groaned lowly and turned around, laying on her side.

"...You look tired."

Minjeong breathed out a soft smile and sat down by her side, admiring her soft features the more she looked at her. With all the chaos going on at home, their baby, her new job, the journalists...she was now realizing that it had been a really long time since she had last taken her time to stare intently at her.

Months, if she remembered well.

Jimin would often stare at her while she slept, then tell her the next morning what she loved about her, when cuddling with her in bed, giggling as she brought her closer and asking if she wasn't embarrassed enough.