Chapter 43

"Eomma, do you think unnie is alright? Unnie hasn't come home yet."

Taeyeon rubbed her forehead in distress, not knowing what she should say to her daughter. Ning Ning looked at her worriedly, obviously concerned about Jimin's condition right at that moment.

"I don't know," Taeyeon began, taking in a deep breath, "What worries me is that your sister got out of home so quickly and..."

"I know you were afraid she would get hurt again, we all were."

Taeyeon got up from the couch, rubbing her forehead. "I know your sister is heads over heels for Jimin but, sometimes...You know honey, I feel like she's changing her attitude."

Ning Ning couldn't help herself but nod at her mother's statement. They both had to agree that Minjeong had changed because of Jimin. Those last weeks, she acted impulsively, unlike she used to before. The Minjeong they used to know would think things twice. But now, facing this situation with Jimin, has changed her almost radically.

"I don't want you to look at me badly, eomma, but...I feel like she's finally doing what she has to do."
______________________________________________________________________

Minjeong answered her cellphone, wondering why in the hell she was receiving a call from Giselle, knowing that she was just in the lobby of the hospital.

"Giselle-"

"God, hurry up! I just saw Jimin's father going upstairs, Minjeong!"

She blinked for a moment, before taking a deep breath and looking around briefly. She had been next to Jimin for the whole day already, and she was sure and she knew for a long time that this moment would come. Minjeong knew that Jimin's father would eventually catch her in his daughter's room.

But Minjeong was tired of running away from reality already.

"...Let him come."

"Min-"

Minjeong didn't even let Giselle put an end to her words as she ended the call, putting her cellphone inside of her pocket. She looked at Jimin, biting her lip, holding her hand tighter.

"I know you can make it, Rina...I know you're strong."

"May I know who gave you permission to be here?"

Minjeong turned around, staring at Jimin's father, as he stood by the door of the bedroom. It was the first time Minjeong saw Jimin's father in some days and, honestly, Yu Sooman looked as arrogant and disrespectful as ever.

"Myself. I have rights like everyone else and I'm free to be here as much as you are."

The older man's face turned with anger.

"You bastard..."

His teeth unconsciously gritted, madness already overtaking him.

"You were the one who caused all this...You were the one who put my daughter in this pitiful state...you were the one that convinced her to run away from her faithful husband...you were the one who provoked all this!"

The younger female just shrugged it off, not caring Jimin's father was approaching her.

"You know, I should be the one married to her right now if you haven't done any of your shits-"

"How dare you speak back at me?! Do you think I'm one of your gang?!"

He grabbed Minjeong by the collar of her hoodie.

"YOU, YOU BASTARD! YOU WERE THE ONE WHO PROVOKED ALL THIS! YOU'RE THE ONE IN FAULT! AND YOU WERE THE ONE WHO DESTROYED OUR LIFE!"

Minjeong screamed back to her supposed father-in-law. Minjeong slowly calmed down as tears came to her eyes.