Chapter 92

"I've heard you were a great dancer," The man in his thirties said with a smile, "To be a great ballerina, what do you think one should have?"

Jimin blinked, pursing her lips momentaneously. She was wearing black jeans, black pumps, a red shirt and a black blazer, her brown hair caught up in a bun. Her eye-liner contoured eyes blinked for a moment, before her red lips curved up in a smile.

"Discipline is required. You need to have lots of discipline...You know," She briefly paused, "When I was a ballerina, I'd stare at my reflection in the mirror everyday. Girls my age would be studying or going out with their friends; but I would stare at myself in the mirror, wondering if I had to lose another pound or if I was okay. That stressed me and was something that made me unhappy."

"Does that mean you developed an eating disorder in the past?"

"No, the contrary. It just means that I worked harder. I ate the same quantity of food, but I would spend a lot more time inside of the dance studio, to the point of gaining blisters and making cuts on my feet everyday. That is discipline...And it's something you have to apply to yourself. I'm not telling girls they should all be skinny or not eating, not that. I'm just saying that, you have to practice a lot. And that requires a lot of time and dedication."

"So, you'd add time, dedication and practice to that list?"

"Yes."

Jimin slightly tilted her head to the side, seeing as the reporter kept staring at her with that playful smile.

"Then why did you drop ballet?"

She took in a deep breath, "I had the practice, the time, the dedication and the discipline. But I didn't have the vacation."

"That means you didn't like it?-"

"-It's not that I didn't like it...It's just that it wasn't for me. I loved ballet, but I had other dreams, other ambitions...I wanted to do so much more, not just limiting myself to ballet. I had a whole life ahead, and I didn't want to waste it."

"Was one of your ambitions having a family?"

She shifted on her seat.

"People can deny it but...Everyone wants to have a family. It's something that...It's something that fulfills you. Having someone who'll greet you with a smile when you come back home after a long day of work."

The reporter nodded, pursing his lips.

"...When did you first feel, 'I have a family to take care of and cherish'?"

Jimin smiled softly.

"...When I found out I was pregnant."

The reporter nodded knowingly, "I know this may be a little too personal," He said, seeing the feline nodding her head as well, "But...How did your girlfriend react to it? How did the two of you meet?"

"...We...Well, as you know, I went to Zürich to study Zoology," She began, seeing the reporter nodding his head, "She was studying music-"

"-She was a music student?"

"Yes," She nodded, "We met by accident. We were neighbors, actually...Our apartments were next to each other."

"There's something about you two that's been going around for some years and I would like you to confirm it, if it's not an issue, of course," He said, before pausing briefly, "Is it true that the both of you were living together?"

"...Yes. I moved in with her because of her economical situation. She had won a scholarship but her parents worked really hard to send her money every month. Sometimes, she wouldn't even get a proper meal because of the appartment's rent. Rent is really expensive in Switzerland," She said, seeing the man nodding in agreement.