Chapter 48

March, 1998

The young male puffed on his cigarette, looking at the girl that was laying on his bed, sleeping naked, her bare back in full view. He chuckled and took the cigarette out of his lips, letting the smoke escape his lips.

He sat there, on his balcony, facing the city of Busan as the sun blazed up high in the blue sky.

He groaned as his peace was disturbed; as someone knocked on the door.

He got up from his seat, lighting off the cigarette and throwing it to the marble floor of the balcony, before he walked towards the door of his bedroom, opening it up nonchalantly.

"What?"

"Sooman shii, your father wants to speak with you."

He sighed and exited his bedroom, wearing a bathrobe and some pajama pants and; before he even got to close the door, he turned around, glancing at the woman that was laying on his bed.

"Yah! Get up and get out before I come back!"

He groaned and, rolling his eyes, closed the door. He followed the maid closely, crossing his arms in front of his chest, as he headed downstairs, towards his father's office.

His father should know he was not in the mood to talk to him, but it wasn't like his father cared very much about his own feelings.

He opened the door of the office, not even knocking it.

His surprise was that his father wasn't alone at all.

A young woman, probably in her late 10s or early 20s; with long, black, wavy hair and a simple dress, was sitting across his father's desk, holding a pen in her left hand, as if she had just written something.

"Son-"

"-Who is she?"

The young woman looked up at him, her pearly white skin looking like porcelain; and her brown orbs looked up at him with a mix of curiosity and fear.

"Hwang Ha Neul," His father said, smiling devilishly, "Your future wife."

...

May, 1999

"What is it that you can't wait to tell me?"

His wife stopped brushing her hair, pausing the comb just by the mirror that reflected her body. She got up from her seat, approaching him in slow steps. She stopped right in front of him, and took in a deep breath.

She held his hand, just before she brought it over her side and paused it over her belly.

"I'm pregnant."

...

April, 2000

The black haired woman giggled in happiness, holding her baby girl in the air, supporting her tightly by the armpits with her delicate hands.

"How's my little Jimin today? Ehh?? My princess~"

She said, approaching the baby to her and kissing her forehead. The baby Jimin laughed softly and smiled cutely to her mother.

They were perfect and beautiful together. They were a complete jigsaw. Both mother and daughter were gorgeous, young, pretty ladies. Everyone felt envious of them.

Who could destroy such happiness? It had to be someone very heartless to only be able to think about it.

A maid softly knocked on the door of the bedroom and the woman looked towards it.

"Ma'am, Mr. Yu wants to see you," The maid said, her face emotionless.

The woman nodded and sighed, looking back at her daughter.