Chapter 37 (M)

Jimin's eyes glistened with tears.

She couldn't see well.

She could only be dreaming.

There was absolutely no way her Win was there, standing, healthy; and, most importantly, she was alive.

She sobbed and breathed out.

She looked at her, from her feet up to her face. Every single trait of herbeing was recognized by her heart and her mind.

Maybe because she had always been the only one.

Jimin bit her lip, breathing in, and walked towards her in slow, but steady steps. She could feel every single part of her body trembling, and her rational brain telling her it was just an illusion, a trick her mind was pulling on her.

But her heart's voice was stronger and louder.

Her feet stopped in a halt, and she stood only centimeters away from Minjeong. A chill went through her spine as she was able to feel the slight breeze of her warm breath on her cheeks.

Pale skin, that piercing stare...Her heart ached in recognizement.

With trembling fingers, her hand went up and she touched her cheek. She stared deeply into her eyes, recognizing her gaze. Minjeong stood still but her heart beat dangerously. It was the first time in years that she felt her slim fingers over her skin. She just stared back at her with uttermost longing. She just couldn't believe it was actually Jimin standing in front of her.

Her fingers went up, moving on her warm skin delicately. She moved her fringe a little to the side; and found a scar on her forehead, right on the place where she had been injured at the accident.

"...Please tell me this is not a dream," She whispered, cupping her cheek again.

The other hand cupped her other cheek, caressing it softly with her thumb. She could see her eyes softening as she looked at her; and her heart picked up at a faster pace.

"...You're not dreaming," Minjeong whispered, seeing as a tear rolled down her left cheek.

"You were dead-"

"-I wasn't," She muttered, gulping down.

Feeling overwhelmed, she leaned up, closing her eyes, and pressed her lips on Minjeong's, and held her cheeks. Minjeong's lips were soft and warm, just as she last remembered them. She couldn't describe what she was feeling the moment she felt her lips on Minjeong's. She had never imagined she would be given the chance of kissing her ever again. She just felt her hands holding her close and the gentleness she kissed her back with.

Jimin parted from the kiss and a tear rolled down her cheek, her eyes half lidded and standing in front of her for mere inches.

Minjeong breathed deeply and took her hands off of her face, and, putting them above her chest, she kissed her again, this time not so lightly. Her right hand held her waist, keeping her body close, as her left hand held Jimin's cheek, giving her a better angle to kiss her.

That feeling...kissing her...it was heaven.

"And will you be able to hold those feelings back if you hold her in your arms again?"

Her brother's sentence replayed inside of her mind again and again. She knew her brother was right. She always knew she wouldn't be able to control what she felt for Jimin if she ever came back to her arms again. She just didn't want to admit it.

She broke the kiss and held her cheeks, staring into her eyes intensely.

That letter wasn't fake. Minjeong had really written it.