Chapter 45

"Wow noona, you still attract women so easily."

Heeseung couldn't help himself but feel surprised at how many women side-glanced at Minjeong, trying to suppress their smiles and giggles as they whispered words between them.

Minjeong might have always been shy, but it was a fact that she had always been good-looking and that some girls and guys actually used to 'court' her, if you can say so. Thing is that Minjeong didn't really have an interest in any, and, basically, the only girl she ever paid attention to during her teenage years was Chaewon, who was her best friend at school. She and Minjeong were really intimate but, even though Chaewon was romantically interested in her, she could only see her as a sister.

After her death, she had a girlfriend, Yeji, but they didn't last much. Minjeong liked the girl but not enough to maintain a long relationship.

That was, until Jimin came into her life. They, as well, started off as friends. But the difference between Chaewon and Jimin was that Minjeong never was able to see Jimin as a sister. Jimin was just this explosion of character, unlike Chaewon; and was way more talkative and outgoing. Heeseung wasn't sure of what Jimin's characteristics made Minjeong fall that hard for her; but it surely was something very special that only she possessed.

And it certainly wasn't her social or financial status.

"...I don't care about them."

Heeseung sighed and played with his fingers on his brown hair, knowing right away what were the thoughts flowing inside of his older friend's mind.

"It's Jimin noona, right?"

Minjeong got up from her seat on the public bench, bringing up her coke with her.

"Alright, let's-"

"-AHJUMMA! HELP ME!!"

Minjeong looked to the side, but everything she saw afterwards was a small kid with black hair strongly tugging on her leg. Her heart jumped a bit, but she just shrugged it off. Instead, she leaned down, putting the coke on the floor, before she kneeled and tried to take the little one's hands on her own so that she could unwrap them from her legs. An electric shock overtook her when she took the kid's hands on her, and she felt weird.

As soon as she finished, of course, with a little help from Heeseung, she grabbed the kid's shoulders, bringing his chin up.

"Yah."

She flinched for a moment, flinching at the familiar feeling she got when she stared at the boy's face.

"I'm not an ahjumma. I'm not even thirty."

"Oh," The little boy said, and then bowed in apology, "Thank you noona...It's that I saw a scary monster and I ran as fast as I could," He added, looking scared.

Minjeong smiled and pinched his cheek.

"It's alright, just be careful next time."

Minjeong got up and, after looking around, she didn't see anyone who was looking for the kid, so she just decided to take the little boy to her arms hoping that she would see someone familiar above the crowd.

"...Do you see your parents?"

She sighed as she saw the boy shaking his head, while looking around.

Minjeong looked at Heeseung.

"Do you see anyone searching for the kid?"

"No, noona."

Minjeong sighed, but looked back at the kid in her arms after he began tugging on her blazer.