Chapter 75

The door was pushed frontwards, right after a soft click was heard.

The wooden floor creaked lightly as he stepped inside, his hand firmly holding the door knob.

Red and beige walls with shelves that contained books, to small plushies and picture frames...Some large plushies laying by the floor, in a huge white carpet that covered much of the wooden floor, with a large baby playing carpet in the middle of it.

He could see those plushies with the smiley faces, that big lion standing by the white curtains with that big smile.

He stepped inside of the bedroom, leaving the door open behind him and not caring if it was open or not.

He walked around that bedroom, his view focusing on new things as he stood in the middle of the bedroom. He could see that baby car with all of its accessories standing by the wall, left unused. He also caught the glimpse of that wall that covered a corner of the bedroom and a window, as if it was a bathroom. And, against that wall, there was a commode; on it, a vase of flowers, a couple frames and a plush.

He walked towards it, his eyes not leaving the frames laying on top of the commode.

One, the last ultrasound that had been made to his grandson.

The other one, it was Jimin with Minjeong sitting in what he recognized to be a couch, Jimin smiling warmly at the camera as her girlfriend kissed her cheek tenderly, Minjeong's arms hugging her tight.

"...Haneul ah," He began, taking in a deep breath as he looked around the bedroom again, now noticing the crib by another window that was previously hidden by the wall, "Jimin's really good at home-decorating, isn't she? She made such a lovely bedroom for our grandson."

He smiled softly, "...Jeongwoo could have had such a good life with his mother but I..."

He looked down, shaking his head.

"...I was the one who took him away from Jimin."

He looked around again, but he stopped right away as he spotted something on the top of the commode that he hadn't noticed before.

He walked towards the furniture piece, taking what looked like a medium-sized notebook into his hands, staring down at it intently before he even started flipping through its pages.

He stopped as soon as he recognized his daughter's handwriting; and it wasn't too long before he realized it was a diary written by her when she was pregnant with her son.

He held the diary cautiously in his hands, before he sat down on a swing chair next to the window, his eyes never leaving the diary.

By: Eomma

Date: 07/09/2020

Dear baby,

Hello! This is eomma :D. I'm the crazy person who speaks to you when you're not expecting it and who never gets your reply back D:...For now, right? Eomma is pretty sure you'll answer me in some weeks? Even if it's just a small kick (don't be too rough because it hurts), eomma will be happy to know you're okay ^^

Mama is a random girl with emo hair who wears reading glasses when she feels like it and is studying all day long. She's a lovable idiot who makes my day funnier and loves me a lot. (This is a secret but I think she likes you a lot too).

Mama and eomma are getting married in a couple weeks, isn't that great?! Mama and eomma were living in Switzerland until yesterday. It's very, very, very far away from Korea. I hope you didn't get dizzy during the flight @_@ Eomma fell asleep during the flight because I was really tired T__T and mama kept saying I was snoring when I woke up. Told you she's an idiot.