Chapter 66

Taeyeon entered inside of her daughter's bedroom, trying to be as quiet as she could.

Minjeong was the only one taking care of the baby, as she had insisted to do so although her family offered themselves to help her out. That meant she did everything; from changing diapers, to giving the baby a bath, to feeding her, and she even took her to her first revision after being discharged from the hospital. The time she wasn't with her daughter, she just spent it at the hospital, looking after Jimin.

She stepped inside of the room, seeing as a faint light entered through the lowered blinds and barely illuminated the bedroom. She looked over to the bed and saw her daughter's back; the duvet laying on her waist, not wearing more a white t-shirt and pajama pants, her hair completely messed up; while her newborn daughter was sleeping just next to her; between her mama and the wall, as the bed was against it; Minjeong's left arm holding Minji close to her.

She could hear Minjeong's breathing perfectly; it was low and soft, but it was there. The little baby would move once in a while, and she would just unconsciously move her arm.

"...Minjeong ah," Her mother muttered, walking towards the bed. Mionjeong breathed in deeply through her nose and snuggled her head deeper on the pillow, and her mother sighed.

"Minjeong ah, wake up," She whispered, holding her forearm softly.  

Minjeong blinked a little and turned her head, looking up at her mother sleepily.

"...Eomma," She whispered, closing her eyes, "Good morning."

Taeyeon breathed out a smile and kissed her daughter's forehead.

"Did Minji bother you a lot tonight? You look tired."

Minjeong looked down at her daughter and smiled, caressing her cute cheeks softly with the tip of her fingers, "She's an angel. Almost doesn't even cry. Just opens up her eyes and starts moving when it's time to eat," She whispered, before letting her go.

Her mother smiled, "Is there anything you want for breakfast?"

Minjeong sat up on the bed, and combed her hair with her fingers, "I'll finish off the kimbap you made yesterday, eomma. It won't be good anymore if it gets stale," She muttered, looking again at her baby girl and adjusting her clothes a little, before looking at her mother once more.

"Do you still have it inside of the fridge?" Her mother laughed, and shook her head. "Kim Minjeong. You have a daughter to raise now. If you don't eat fresh food and get sick, who'll take care of your little Minji then? You need to be healthy for her," Her mother said, laughing softly.

Minjeong looked down for a moment, as if thinking deeply about something. Her mother looked at her and breathed out a broken smile, knowing why she was like that all out of a sudden.

"...She's going to be okay."

Minjeong looked up, staring at her mother.

"...What if she doesn't, eomma?"

Taeyeon sighed.

"Jimin...She's a strong woman, Minjeong. A really, really strong woman," Her mother smiled, "She handled so many, hard, almost impossible things all those years," She held her daughter's shoulder, "She was alone for over 5 years, honey. 5 years is a lot of time, Minjeong ah. But then, look at what she gave you," She said, pointing her chin at her granddaughter.

"Do you think she's going to give up now?" Minjeong breathed out a sad smile and looked down previously before looking back up at her mother. "...I need her." 

Taeyeon nodded silently, before parting her lips so that she could answer her daughter, "Ning went to visit her. You can go when you want to, I'll just take care of Minji while you go and spend time with Jimin."
_____________________________________________________________________