Chapter 18

"Oh God, Karina. I love your wedding dress so much~."

Jimin turned around in her dress and giggled, engulfed in happiness. The dress was mermaid shaped, with sweetheart line, and the satin was of a champagne color, with multiple beadings across it. It fit Jimin's body like a glove, and it showed every curve of her body in the most flattering way. It certainly was the most adequate type of wedding dress for her not only because of her body shape; but also because it accentuated her beauty incredibly.

She had personally chosen it with Giselle some days before, obviously without Minjeong's knowledge. Jimin was well aware of the saying that if the groom, or in this case the bride, saw the bride wearing her wedding dress before their wedding it would bring them both bad luck and it would be an unfortunate marriage. Jimin had to admit that maybe yes, it was superstition. But she didn't want to risk her luck.

Jimin paused her hands on her waist, lifting her chin up and smiling in satisfaction as she looked at her reflection in the mirror of her bestfriend's bedroom. Giselle looked at her with utter amazement; as if she was thinking that her best friend was the most beautiful bride she had ever seen.

The brunette sighed deeply.

"Such a shame when Minjeong rips it off~"

Jimin scoffed, turning around. Holding her dress' skirt in her hands, she leaned down and slapped Giselle's arm, blushing slightly.

"Don't say that kind of thing!"

"Ooohh I made the Yu Jimin mad~"

Jimin rolled her eyes, feeling somewhat annoyed. Her best friend could be overly annoying and irritating sometimes. Yes, of course she loved Uchinaga Giselle, as the incredible and amazing friend she was. But the female always found a way to annoy Jimin, no matter how.

"Seriously, there's no fun in that."

"I thought sex was fun?" Giselle asked, in a provoking tone. Jimin squinted her eyes at her friend, and groaned in annoyance.

"Come on, stop it already," Jimin whispered, leaning up again and, while grabbing her dress' skirt again, she turned around; facing the mirror away so that she could stare at herself wearing the dress a little more.

Giselle giggled, "Don't forget you're meeting her family tonight."

Jimin fixated her eyes on the mirror for some seconds, before lowering down her view and breathing out a shy smile. She was nervous and anxious to meet Minjeong's family. She had been wondering, ever since they started dating, about how they would react once they met her. Wondering if they would be disappointed at their daughter, or fake to be nice with her so that they could take some profit out of Minjeong's true feelings for her. But of course, that the latter was something that only came to Jimin's head once. The few times she had heard Minjeong's mother talk to her daughter on the telephone had given her a great impression of her fiancé's mother.

"I'm so nervous..."

Jimin looked up at the mirror, as Giselle touched the tiara that was on the top of her head, putting some of the veil in front of her face.

"Look at yourself. Aren't you beautiful? Come on," Giselle began, smiling excitingly, looking at Jimin's eyes through the mirror's reflection, "Who wouldn't love to have a daughter-in-law or a sister-in-law as beautiful as you?"

Jimin took the veil out of her face and laughed, and Giselle took it as a chance to kiss her best friend's cheek affectionately, then hugging her.

"Aigoo, my bestie is getting married and I'm still as lonely as a rock," Giselle whined, faking she was crying.
______________________________________________________________________