Chapter 15 (M)

"How's Switzerland?"

"Nice and calm. I can't wait to go back someday."

The maid left a couple of ginseng tea cups above the table that was placed next to the couch. Jimin thanked the woman and proceeded to drink her tea, before parting her lips away from the cup and holding said object in her hands, above her lap.

"It's just a matter of time before you go back."

Jimin bit her lip.

"I'm not going back this summer, father."

The surprise on her father's expression as she said those words was more than obvious. He held his cup in his hands, staring intently at her, frowning slightly due to her sudden revelation.

"What's the reason?"

Jimin breathed deeply and sighed. No matter how much she was scared of telling him about her engagement, she knew she would have to address it someday.

"I'm getting married, father."

Her father, who was taking another sip of his beverage, stopped drinking his tea and looked intensely at his only daughter.

"You're getting married?"

Jimin bit her lip and nodded, "Yes. In two weeks."

Her father slowly paused the cup of tea above the small table, just before focusing his full attention into his daughter.

"Are they European?"

"Korean. She's from Seoul, actually."

Her father smiled, "Well then, someone familiar! Who is it then? Lotte's owner's son, daughter? I heard both of them were studying nearby."

Jimin shook her head, "Well, her family has this supermarket."

"Oh, supermarket chain? That's an interes-"

"I meant supermarket as the small business they own just underneath their house."

Her father's smile slowly faded away.

"Where?"

"Outskirts."

"Outskirts?"

Her father breathed deeply before he continued, "How did a kid from the outskirts even get to study in Zurich?"

"She won a scholarship. She's very smart."

"What is she studying?"

"Music."

Her father sighed and shook his head, "Jimin ah. I told you to marry someone with class...How is she even going to accomplish her role as a wife properly, Jimin? How is she going to keep up with this lifestyle? How is she going to afford a living? Can she even manage a business?"

"Father-"

"-She isn't of our kind."

Jimin rolled her eyes.

"Minjeong is very responsible and hard working. She treats me very well and she's very kind. She isn't troublesome either...And very, very money conscious."

"Minjeong? Is that her name?"

"Kim Minjeong," Jimin corrected her father, "Your future daughter-in-law."

Her father nodded, giving her an un-pleased look, and looked at his watch, getting up from the couch.

"I have a very important meeting through Skype," He squinted his eyes at her, "Tell her to come with her family in two days for dinner. 8 PM."
______________________________________________________________________