Chapter 33

"Jimin ah, do you think you could do me a favor?"

Jimin looked up at Youngji and flashed her a warm smile, looking more than happy that she could possibly help out her friend. The marine biologist crossed her arms above the table, looking excited.

"Of course, just tell me what you need to do."

"Well, as you know my husband has the paternity license and I decided to give up on my license so that I could work," Her friend began, "But my husband is going abroad for a week and I need to stay alone with the baby. Happens that tomorrow my husband has to go and my week off only starts the day after tomorrow. So, I was wondering," She pursed her lips, "If you could take care of my baby tomorrow, since tomorrow you don't need to work."

"...I..."

Jimin took out a deep breath, not knowing what to say. All those years, after such a thing had happened to her son, she had always avoided going anywhere near children; even those times when there would be school visits to the aquarium, she would avoid having any kind of contact with children. The pain she felt everyday was just too big to handle for herself.

The last baby she had ever held in her arms was her son, and that had been more than five years before. Then, that happened and she had never been able to ever hold a child again in her arms, much less take care of one.

"It's okay if you can't do it, I can just ask the-"

"-No, no, no...I'll do it."

Jimin didn't even know why she was agreeing to her friend's proposal but, somehow, she just wanted to help her friend for once. She somehow felt her friend's uneasiness; as a mother herself, Jimin knew that Youngji wouldn't be asking her that unless it was something she extremely needed.

"You don't have to, it was just stu-"

"-No," Jimin took Youngji's hands in hers, smiling, "It's okay. I don't have much to do tomorrow, anyways-"

"-But if you're busy I can always talk with the director-"

"-I already told you it's okay. Don't insist on this matter anymore, it'll be fine."

Her friend smiled and got up from the table, before bowing down.

"God, Jimin ah. Thank you so much!"
______________________________________________________________________

"Have you...talked to Jimin?"

Ning Ning smiled bittersweetly at her older sister and shook her head.

"No, unnie. She's been really busy lately," She replied tiredly, arranging the flowers on the vase next to her bed. She looked at her older sister again and breathed out a smile, glancing for a moment at the variety show that was being broadcasted on television.

"...Where is she working?"

"Coex Aquarium."

Minjeong shifted on the bed slightly and looked at Ning Ning, looking somewhat confused. If she worked at Coex, that could only mean one thing. And she was just too curious to keep her excitement inside of her own heart.

"Did she actually...?"

Ning Ning smiled and looked at her older sister.

"Finish her studies?"

Ning Ning chuckled and nodded, "Well, then you should tell me you're proud," She approached Minjeong and adjusted the sheets of her bed, patting them before she sat down, "Yu Jimin is the main marine biologist of Coex Aquarium, graduated in Zoology, Cetology and Marine Biology with a summa cum laude diploma "