Chapter 61

2 months after

"From now on, you need to be extra careful...As you've entered the third trimester of pregnancy, your body is becoming more and more incapable of supporting this pregnancy for much longer."

It was with the doctor's words replaying in her mind that she took in a deep breath, looking as nervous as ever. She gripped her cup tighter and brought it up to her lips, taking a taste of the ginseng tea Giselle had made her.

"Here, I brought you some cookies."

Jimin looked up at Giselle as she put some home-baked cookies above the small table near the couch, the delicious treats laying in a simple, squared white plate. The younger smiled softly and rubbed the cup softly with her fingers, lowering it down to her lap.

"Thank you, Gi."

Giselle smiled back at Jimin and sat by her side, finding herself a comfortably spot in the couch.

"You really scared me, Jimin ah," Giselle muttered, looking at Jimin with a sad expression; and sighed, "You don't even know how lucky you are that Danielle decided to call me instead of Minjeong when you passed out."

"...I know."

Jimin had suddenly fainted that afternoon, when working at the COEX Aquarium, when she was checking out some animal files in her office. Jimin began to feel sick as soon as she got up from her seat, and eventually fainted. She was glad that Danielle managed to avoid her from a dangerous fall; but, even though Jimin had lost consciousness for a few brief seconds, the younger was so worried that she decided to call the older's best friend.

And Jimin couldn't be more glad of whom her co-worker had decided to call. She was perfectly aware that if she had called Minjeong, she would have discovered everything by that moment. And that was what she just didn't want to happen. She didn't want her to know, not at that moment. Not when she was already so close to protecting her secret until the last consequences.

And then, she remembered Giselle rushing into her office, obviously worried; despite knowing well what her friend's condition was. Giselle was well aware of what could happen to Jimin, at any moment. 

Jimin brought her cup up once again, trying to take another sip of the hot beverage. Giselle looked at her and sighed, shaking her head.

"This was a warning, Rina."

Jimin stopped on her tracks and looked over to Giselle, who was staring back at her intensely. Jimin knew Giselle was more than right. If Danielle wasn't there to support her as she fell to the floor; she would have most likely hit the floor with enough strength to provoke premature delivery and she would eventually put hers and her baby's life in risk.

And what Jimin  didn't even want to imagine was if that happened while she was with Minjeong.

If she fainted in front of Minjeong...she would take her to the hospital, and eventually find out everything. And, in case she entered into premature delivery, she would see her dying, right in front of her eyes...And she didn't want that. 

She looked down and took in a deep breath, realizing she had to take an important decision. And she knew she had to take it, right in that moment. Otherwise, she knew she would probably not have the time to settle things down as she wanted them to.

"...I think it's time for me to make a will, Gi."

Giselle stopped on her tracks and looked over to her friend, quite shocked to hear those words coming out of Jimin's mouth. 

"...A will?"

Jimin nodded, sighing,

"I will give everything to Minjeong..."