Chapter 22

Sorry for not updating yesterday, got busy with life yknow. So I'll do a double update for you guys😊😊

7 months later...

Jimin looked down at her baby bump and smiled softly.

Even though she was almost 9 months already, she was lucky enough that she didn't have a super swollen belly like most women have so her back didn't hurt as much as it did to other women. But yes, she had to admit that it did hurt a lot sometimes.

She touched it carefully, hoping she could feel her baby moving around.

After some seconds and, if as in cue, she could feel her baby kicking her tummy.

"Hello there, Jeongwoo ah..."

It had been seven months since Minjeong had passed away.

At the beginning, it was hell. She didn't know how she was supposed to deal with it, or what she should do. She felt lost most times, but she, somehow, always managed to find peace.

She had heard so many hurtful comments coming from her very own family. Their looks of disgust towards when they discovered she was pregnant. And not even her family; but also the whole country. Netizens commented how much of a slut she was for living alone with her girlfriend and for getting pregnant out of wedlock.

But those didn't affect her anymore.

What hurt her the most in the pit of her chest, was the impossibility of seeing Minjeong ever again.

Everything was so hard without her. Before she had died, she knew she was attached to her. But now, having to deal with a pregnancy and a life without her, she could truly feel how much she needed her.

Minjeong knew how to cheer her up, despite the occasion. She was not afraid of telling and showing her how much she loved her. She was so sincere with her...She was one of these few people one could trust blindly in.

She breathed in and rubbed her tummy softly, looking at it with a faint grin.

"...I'm sorry."

The baby kicked again and she nodded, "I know. I miss mommy too."

She looked outside, smiling as she noticed those bright yellow, red, orange and blue tones painting the sky in such delicate ways. Although it was quite cold outside, despite it being five in the afternoon; she just decided to collect her things on the table and get up.

Jimin, although pregnant, revised her biology appointments every single day. Giselle had bought her a small tank and a couple goldfish, with the purpose of cheering her up. What Giselle triggered was Jimin's incentive to revise everything she had learned in Zurich.

She would stare at the fish for some time, and write the changes in their behavior or any little change she noticed.

It was fun to revive those nice times.

She got up from her chair and sighed, pausing her hands on her hips as she walked towards the door of her bedroom. She took her knee-length jacket from the hanger and wore it, preparing herself for the cold day outside; before she eventually exited her bedroom.

"...Going somewhere, Miss Jimin?"

She turned around softly and smiled at the butler.

"... I'm going to observe the sunset outside."

The older man smiled back at her.

"Keep yourself warm, miss. And don't hesitate to call me if you need anything."