Chapter 76 (M)

"...Here you have,"

Giselle smiled as her boyfriend handed her a cup of tea, smiling warmly at her. Giselle took the cup to her hands and mouthed a thank you, before focusing her attention back on the baby sleeping on the baby car, as she heard her boyfriend's wheelchair's wheels as he moved to stand by her side.

"...Such a beautiful baby," Wooyoung muttered, making Giselle smile. He looked at his girlfriend, as she looked around in deep thoughts, "Has Jimin called you yet?"

"No," Giselle said, shaking her head, "And it's seriously worrying me..."

"...It's a serious situation," Wooyoung muttered, "...I mean...It's the mother of her daughter we're talking about here."

Giselle pursed her lips, "They have been in love for so long but they just can't seem to find enough peace to settle down...There's always something that happens and brings them down, all the time...It's almost like a curse."

"For how long have they been together?"

"Together in the meaning of being in a solid relationship...10 months. But if you mean they have been together since they started dating...7 years."

"...They were really young when they met, then," Wooyoung said, processing the information, "Didn't you tell me Jimin had had a baby in the past?"

Giselle nodded, "Their son."

"How old is he?"

"Six years old," Giselle said, a smile across her lips, "Jimin...She was 19 years old when she went to Switzerland," Giselle began, smiling softly, "She went there to study Zoology. Her father had told her to choose somewhere abroad to study whatever she wanted and she chose Zürich. She said she wanted to be in a calm city where she could be sure she would pass as a random student and not as a rich kid," Giselle said, before taking in a deep breath, "Minjeong had really high grades and she won a scholarship. She ended up studying at the same university, somehow."

"If not for that scholarship, I doubt they would have even met," Giselle muttered, before looking again at the baby sleeping in front of her and her boyfriend, "They ended up being neighbors and they became friends. Jimin met Ryujin there as well. Ryujin recognized right away who she was but Minjeong didn't...Jimin liked it, the fact that she didn't know who she was at first."

"She must have been really focused on her studies not to recognize her," Wooyoung said, earning a soft laugh from Giselle.

She nodded, "They got closer and closer and they started dating in April, 2020. They...they were just so in love with each other that things between them escalated really quickly," She said, "Minjeong decided to propose to her and they got engaged. And then," Giselle sighed, "Well, Jimin found herself pregnant. Two months and a half after they started dating. Both of them were 20 years old at the time."

"...She was pregnant with their son, right?"

Giselle nodded, "They finished their university course and came back to Korea to get married and start a life together. And it did seem beautiful, they were so in love...It almost seemed as if they had been taken away from a fairytale," She turned serious, "But her father humiliated her and her whole family and even had the guts to hit Jimin when she told him she was pregnant. He wanted her to get an abortion, because a pregnancy out of wedlock in her family was something 'unconceivable'."

"...And then Minjeong was hit by a car. Jimin saw everything."

Wooyoung blinked, "...She actually saw her being hit...?"

Giselle nodded, pursing her lips.

"She did," She muttered, biting her lip as tears came to her eyes, "I got a call from Minjeong's older brother, Chang Min. He asked me if I was Jimin's friend and that, if I were, that I should go to the hospital right away because his sister had been hit by a car and Jimin was hysterical. I thought it was a minor accident but...When I got to the hospital, she was covered in blood, crying and sobbing...Seeing how she looked, all that blood...I knew right away that it had been a really serious thing," Giselle breathed in deeply, "I called Ryujin and she came running...And we just waited."