Chapter 65

"...I see you're handling Minji on your own?"

Minjeong turned her head at her mother softly, glancing at her as she stood by the door, her mother's face only lit from the light of her computer's screen. Minjeong then looked at the newborn resting her head on her shoulder and rubbed her back comfortably.

"...She just ate," Minjeong whispered, before looking down at the baby again.

Taeyeon smiled and looked down for a moment, holding something in her hands as she stared down at it thoughtfully.

"This arrived in the mail today," She whispered, making Minjeong look at her, and she turned around. Taeyeon sighed and looked up at her daughter as she walked over to her side, frowning slightly.

"...Is it for me?"

Taeyeon nodded and handed her the envelope, looking at her intently, as if waiting for her reaction as soon as she saw the name from the person who had sent in the letter. And she didn't have to wait for that long, as she saw as Minjeong's eyes slightly widened and it seemed as if she almost stopped breathing.

"...I can take care of Minji while you-"

"-No," Minjeong muttered, shaking her head, "It's okay, I'll take care of her."

Minjeong looked at the girl as she started crying, moving her head slightly. She held her more comfortably and reclined her small head to her chest, in hopes that, if she listened to her heartbeat, she would eventually calm down.

"Minjeong-"

"-Go sleep, eomma. I'll handle her on my own."

"Are you sure?'

She nodded, and Taeyeon smiled back at her gently, closing the door.

"Good night...Do call me if you have any problems."

Minjeong stared at the closed door for brief seconds, staring at it with mixed emotions. Reading Jimin's name in that envelope, and hearing her daughter crying on her chest...It just made her think of so many things right in that moment.

Minjeong put her hand on the baby's head, caressing it slightly with her long fingers as she turned around, walking towards the bed.

Leaning her head against her baby's, she stared at the computer screen, noticing the CD case with a sticky note laying right next to it. She blinked and pursed her lips, slowly walking towards her desk and taking the case to her right hand, staring at it.

When Minji has trouble falling asleep, play this.

-Rina

Gently, she opened the case with the help of her left hand, gulping down as she took the CD out with her right hand's fingers and held it on them, then pressing the button of the CD player of her computer with her pinky finger. The player opened up; and she eventually put the disk inside, before closing it again.

She waited for some seconds, before a song eventually started playing.

Minjeong froze for a moment, eventually recognizing it.

It was the song Jimin played so many times in their bedroom's piano, while pregnant with their daughter.

Her eyes darted back to the computer's screen, staring briefly at the name of the song.

"...Clair de Lune."

...

"...Where are you going?"

Jimin stopped on her tracks and stared at Minjeong, as she sat up on the bed, running a hand through her hair and blinking her eyes; as she got up from the bed.