Chapter 60

"Hello unnie!" 

Jimin smiled softly, seeing how her junior, Danielle, greeted her more than cheerfully. That girl always had a smile on her lips, and it made Jimin so happy. It made her remember how she, herself, used to be in the past. That Jimin she used to be, the fearless Jimin. The one that lived happily each day that went by, always smiling at the tiniest details. The Jimin that envisioned a perfect future for her, and the future family she would eventually have.

The Jimin was a rebel, and broke her father's rules. The Jimin that was helplessly in love with whom she shouldn't. That Jimin, who felt so loved everyday by everyone.

She knew that, somewhere inside of her, that Jimin was still there.

But she was just so immersed in sadness, that she almost didn't even remember what true happiness was anymore.

"Hey Danielle. How's work going today?"

"Everything's going well, unnie," She said, smiling broadly at the older woman.

Jimin nodded silently, pausing her things above the table. Danielle suddenly remembered something and gasped, approaching the older as Jimin looked back at Danielle curiously.

"You know what, today there's a group of kids coming over to the aquarium to see the animals. I thought it would be a good idea if you came and explained to them some curiosities about animals and how they live here and in their natural environment, since you're the main biologist."

Danielle knew that Jimin avoided going around young kids most of the time, but no one ever told her the true reason behind that discomfort that she had with children, which seemed quite absurd to the younger as the oldest was pregnant. So, to see if she could change her senior's mind, she was trying to convince her to help her guide a group of kids.

Jimin blinked a couple times, trying to think clearly, and really wanting to confirm, inside of her mind, that the younger had actually said what she thought the younger had said.

Jimin gave her a glance, but Danielle looked at her pleadingly. She really wanted her senior to give the experience a try.

"Please unnie...it will only make you feel better!"

Jimin was internally screaming 'No, it won't make me feel any better', because she knew that, probably, it would make her feel even worse. Going around kids was already nerve-wracking to her and, now, having to do so on Jeongwoo's birthday...It just set her in panic.

But, at the same time, seeing the pleading look in the younger's eyes...It was really making her re-consider. At the very beginning, she was doubting on what her final decision would be; but now, she really wanted to help her junior out. And maybe, who knew, it could also help her to heal her heart, in some way. 

She was still doubting her decision, but she just decided she should give it a try. 

"Alright."

Danielle clapped excitedly and hugged the other excitingly, showing her appreciation for Jimin's decision,

"Thank you so much, unnie! I swear you'll love it, those kids are so cute!"
_____________________________________________________________________

Jimin nervously walked inside of the room, seeing as the kids chatted with each other happily. They were sitting in various rows of chairs, with a tank full of colorful fish just behind them, giving a special aura to the room.

Somehow, knowing those kids were the same age as her son...only made her even more nervous than what she already was.

"Hello~"