Chapter 32

"Ouch..."

Minjeong hissed in pain as her body felt the cold floor touching her skin. She gritted her teeth and supported herself on the floor with her elbows, trying to lift up from the floor. However, her legs wouldn't help her.

No matter how much she tried, she knew she couldn't lift up from the ground. Her legs were useless. Completely useless.

"Minjeong noona!" A young male, namely Kim Sunoo, the physiotherapist that was helping her to recover her mobility, rushed towards the older female and helped her to get up from the floor.

"Minjeong noona, I already told you not to try to walk by yourself when I'm not here! You could get really hurt," She helped the older female to sit above of a bench in the hospital recovery room and sighed, "You know perfectly th-"

"I know, I'm sorry," She gave an apologetic look to the younger, "I know I should have tried it by myself when my legs still can barely move," She chuckled to herself and slowly shook her head, "How more idiot could I get...?"

Sunoo smiled at her and paused his hand above her shoulder, "Noona, it's not your fault. I know you are impatient to walk again, but you have to take things in an easy way. You were in a coma for 5 years and your muscles are somewhat cramped," He smirked, "Yah, how do you want to get back to your old girlfriend if you still have to work on your six pack?!"

Minjeong laughed softly, "Idiot."

Sunoo offered his hand, "C'mon, let's walk a little. Treadmill?"

"Fine..."
______________________________________________________________________

"Eomma! Aren't the penguins so funny?"

A little boy, around 4 years old, asked his mother, making weird noises and trying to walk like a penguin. His mother could only laugh at her son's cuteness, and bent down on the floor to give him a hug.

"Yes, I know they are sweethearts, I know they are...They're funny just like you!"

The woman began tickling her son's tummy and the child giggled non-stop.

"Eomma! That tickles! Stop...please...!" The boy pleaded, trying to grab on his mother's arm. A man came over to them and the boy extended his arm to him, "Appa, please! Help me!"

The man whispered in his wife's ear and she stopped. She lifted up from the ground and kissed her husband's lips shortly, before they walked away together with their son.

"Unnie, what do you think about Zayra's baby? They seem healthy to me, what do you think?" Danielle asked her senior, after observing a female penguin and her baby. Danielle was a new biologist; she admired her senior Jimin a lot and was learning all she could from her. However, she couldn't help herself but frown as she saw the older woman staring mindlessly at the happy family that had just left that zone of the aquarium.

Jimin tried her best to ignore the happy family, but she just couldn't.

"...Unnie?" Danielle called out for her again.

Jimin turned to the younger.

"Huh?"

"I was asking you if Zayra's baby seems healthy."

Jimin looked at the penguins for a moment, "Yeah it is," she then looked down, absorbed in her feelings.

Danielle touched Jimin's shoulder, "Unnie, is there anything wrong?" She asked worriedly.

Jimin took a deep breath, "I need to go to the washroom," she blurted all of a sudden, and went away from Danielle. The younger one stood there, confused with her senior's reaction.