Chapter 89

"...Anything else?"

Sooman stared silently at the black haired female standing in the door of his bedroom, looking at him silently yet seriously. The middle aged man gulped down silently, gazing at the younger female wearing white sweats and a red hoodie just meters away from him.

"...Why did you pick me-"

"-I did it for Jimin," The younger began, "She didn't want you to be lonely on your way home."

Sooman pursed his lips, nodding slowly.

"...Thank you, Kim."

Minjeong looked at him and turned around, ready to leave the man alone.

"Minjeong, wait."

Minjeong paused her right hand on the door border, before she briefly pursed her lips and stepped back, turning towards the older man for a brief moment to talk back to him.

"...I have to take care of Minji-"

"-Can I see her?"

Minjeong's hand slid off of the door as she turned around, staring at the man silently.

"...Why the sudden interest in my daughter?"

Sooman looked down, before his eyes looked up and he stared into the younger ones, "I know that there's no possible way I can pay you and my daughter back for what I did but...I want to be a good grandfather for Minji and Jeongwoo...Since I can't make it up for you and Jimin...Let me make it up for my grandchildren."

Sooman knew there was no way Minjeong would ever forgive him. He had humilliated her in the most inhumane ways...He had taken Jimin and their son away from her. Of course Sooman wasn't expecting for the female to welcome him with open arms, because she wouldn't. There was no way he could take back all those hurtful words he had pronounced against the younger for the past eight years.

There was no way he could ask Minjeong for forgiveness. But he could try to be a good grandfather to his grandchildren and, at least, make it up for them.

"...You want to see Minji?"

Sooman nodded.

"...Yes."

Minjeong looked at him, and gulped down before she walked to the old man's side, and sat down on the edge of the bed.

There was some silence between the both of them. Minjeong felt anxious and nervous at the same time. She knew that, Sooman, as Jimin's father, had the right to see Minji. Besides, with her being the only official heiress of the chaebol in that moment, it would be normal of him to wish to see the little baby. But in Minjeong's head, she felt that, if she let her daughter's grandfather meet her, she would be at risk. Yes, Sooman had been nice to her and Jimin lately, but that didn't mean she had forgotten what Jimin's father had done to their back then newborn son years before. Because of Sooman's refusal to accept their son, he had taken the baby away from Jimin without her consent, and abandoned him.

Minjeong parted her lips, taking in a deep breath before she started talking.

"...Some years ago, Jimin and I were drinking some champagne and watching the stars. It had been a month since we had started dating and we were celebrating our first month together. We," She briefly paused, "We kissed and...I had told her we should wait but, somehow...I couldn't stop myself," She bit her lip, "We made love for the first time that night. It didn't feel like sex. I had had sex before...And I didn't feel the way I used to feel before. It was so different. It was different because I loved her. With all of my heart."

Sooman stared silently at the younger female, before she resumed her words.

"...She was so beautiful. She was beautiful when she ate, when she slept in my arms, when she took a shower, when she ran a mile around the city...There was a time I said to myself, 'Damn, Minjeong. Look at how lucky you are. That girl only has eyes for you'...So I proposed to her. Because I wanted to have a family with her. Because I loved the difference between how she behaved with her friends and how she behaved with me...I felt good because, with me, she let go of all of her inhibitions. I was proud of myself, because even if she had lived a whole life filled with strict rules, prohibitions and social prejudices...I let her breathe, I let her be who she truly was."