Chapter 51

2 weeks later

Jimin took a deep breath as the doctor finished examining her, and took her gloves off, throwing them in the nearest bin. Jimin sat up on the stretcher, taking in a deep breath.

"You can wear your clothes already, we're done," The doctor said to her, flashing a warm smile. Jimin nodded and pulled her underwear up, before she got up from the stretcher and grabbed her jeans from the floor, wearing them again. She pulled the zipper up as the doctor sat on her desk, and grabbed a pen to write some things down. 

"Sit down here," The doctor said to her, looking up at her as her glasses were being held on her nose bridge. Jimin stretched her back and composed her clothes, before taking down a seat in front of the doctor.

The woman in front of her crossed her arms and looked at her seriously for a brief moment, before flashing her a smile.

"Congratulations."

Jimin looked down for a moment, taking her own time to sink into the reality of the doctor's words.

That bastard had gotten what he wanted.

Her shoulders slumped down with defeat. Her eyes showed little or absolutely no emotion. Her lips parted softly, and she could even hear her breath. She could even feel as a strand of her hair fell down her shoulder.

She was pregnant...Pregnant with that man's child.

Minjeong probably hated her for cheating on her...

...And now she was pregnant with Jeno's baby.

Back when she had found out she was pregnant with Jeongwoo...She clearly remembered how she felt that day. She remembered it; feeling scared, irresponsible and guilty at first...She remembered being scared of Minjeong's reaction. But she also remembered it; her tears of happiness when Minjeong told her she was happy to have that baby. She remembered her own smile, Minjeong's smile, her own tears, Minjeong's kiss...

...But this time, she didn't feel like celebrating.

This baby wasn't made out of love...

...But out of economical conveniences.

"...Are you okay? Mrs. Lee?"

Jimin looked up at the doctor, and nodded hurriedly, trying to dismiss the tear that ran down on her left cheek as she did so. The older woman smiled as she looked at the younger.

"I know how it feels when you find out you're having a child," The doctor said, "You must know it as well, since you've been pregnant before."

Jimin looked up at the doctor, surprised. She hadn't told the doctor she had been pregnant before.

"How...?"

The older woman laughed, "You know, Mrs. Lee...Natural delivery leaves its marks behind," She sighed and pursed her lips softly, "But it's alright if you don't want to talk about it."

Jimin pursed her lips, looking at the doctor.

"I should start taking folic acid, right?"

"Yes," The doctor said, before grabbing an empty receipt and starting writing down on it with her blue pen, "Here you have the prescription."

Jimin took the prescription from the doctor's hand and bowed her head lightly.

"Thank you."

The doctor stared at her, "Since this isn't your first pregnancy, I'm supposing you already know what to do but I would still like to remind you that you can't take any kind of painkillers or antibiotics unless I say so," She said, looking seriously at Jimin.