Chapter 35

Minjeong watched sadly as her family was all dressing up formally for Jimin's wedding...

...that wasn't with her.

Chanyeol glanced at his sister, worried about her behavior since she had woken up. That day, she didn't want to talk to them. She just wished everyone would ignore and leave her in peace, alone. Minjeong had woken up, taken a shower and escaped right away to the kitchen to eat something.

She did not want to be disturbed.

It would only remind her that Jimin was getting married with someone else...

...and she couldn't do anything about that.

Chanyeol approached his younger sister and patted her shoulder.

"...Minjeong..."

Minjeong looked up at him. She looked hurt, very hurt. It was like she didn't know what to do, her view was blurry and lost, her voice just wouldn't come out of her throat.

Then, she looked away and walked away from where her family was at, walking towards her bedroom, as if she was ready to lock herself down.

"...Eomma."

Taeyeon looked at her oldest son, as he looked at his younger sister and just couldn't help himself from taking a different decision.

"I can't go to that wedding."

"But Chanyeol-"

"I'm sorry. I just can't stand seeing my sister like this."

Minjeong looked up at her brother, surprised.

"Oppa, I-"

"Don't say anything. I just can't go to a celebration that was supposed to have you as one of the main stars and you're not even there."
______________________________________________________________________

Jimin walked down the aisle, next to her father, clearly hearing the wedding march as they walked side by side.

That day would set a new beginning in her life.

That day meant that she was leaving everything behind. All those years of constant pain, constant visits to the mental ward of the hospital, pharmacy bills of antidepressants and sessions of shock therapy...They would be over now.

She was finally marrying the man she had almost married seven years before.

Her boyfriend whom she had broken up abruptly after a heated argument in her father's office.

She was now giving him a new opportunity. The opportunity of starting a family with her, and making her his.

And, for Jimin, it was an opportunity to make her father happy.

She looked for a moment at the facial expression of the man that was walking by her side.

He was beyond happy.

It hurt her, it really did.

To think that her father had rejected the love of her life years before in such a cold manner, and now he was offering her so wholeheartedly to another man...

...He wouldn't have been that happy if the other bride in there was Minjeong instead.

Better said, he wouldn't even have attended that wedding.

Before she even realized, she was there. By the altar, staring right into Jeno's eyes with a shy smile on her lips. She knew that it was that. It was the moment that was going to change her life, forever.

"You look beautiful," He whispered, making her blush.

"So, let's begin with this ceremony," The priest announced, gathering everyone's attention back to him and the soon-to-be married couple.
______________________________________________________________________