Chapter 67

He ran along with the doctors, as they pushed the stretcher hurriedly. He looked down and saw Jimin laying there, half conscious, her eyes roaming around; as she still kept bleeding heavily. His eyes expressed fear as he looked down at his sister's girlfriend, but he tried to calm himself down.

He didn't even know how in the hell he was supposed to tell such news to his sister. Even from the moment before he called Jihyo, he had that feeling that Jimin's situation wasn't good at all. And then, when his girlfriend reassured him that yes, it indeed was that bad, it just shot him into another level of panic.

And then, the hospital itself and the doctors around...Rushing her to the surgery ward while muttering things to each other worriedly.

He grabbed her bloody hand with his own; his clothes stained with her blood; and gave it a light squeeze.

"You're going to be okay, Jimin...You're going to be okay!"

He looked to the front and saw that they were approaching the doors of the surgery ward, so he knew they would have to stop the cart soon. A doctor looked at him and spoke, immediately catching his attention.

"Are you the father of the child?"

He shook his head, grabbing Jimin's hand tightly,

"No, it's my younger sister," He replied back, seeing as they stopped moving the stretcher. The doctor looked at the nurse and shook his head, before looking at him again.

"We need your sister's permission to sign-"

"-She already signed it, doctor, " Another doctor butted in, rushing from the other side of the hallway.

Chanyeol just looked at the doctors, speechless. He didn't even know what they were referring to and, honestly, the word 'permission' was scaring him so much right in that moment. Besides, knowing that Jimin had already 'signed it', just made him realize something was really wrong there.

It almost made him feel...As if Jimin was hiding something from Minjeong and his family. As far as he remembered, she and Minjeong had always said that the pregnancy was going just fine and that there wasn't any problem with it.

His sister wouldn't lie about something so serious, would he?

"S-she signed what?! What is going on?!-"

"-The baby's in distress, we need to make an emergency C-Section right now."

He looked down at Jimin as she held on his hand a little tighter, and her lips parted subtly, her half-lidded eyes looking right at him as a tear ran down her right cheek. 

"-Jimin-"

"-We need to take her immediately to surgery, she and the baby can die at any moment."

He looked up at the doctor's intense stare, knowing that it was indeed, very, very bad. If Jimin's situation wasn't critical, the doctor wouldn't have said that. Chanyeol knew and he was fully aware of it; that Jimin was really going to die if the doctors didn't hurry her up to the surgery room.

He just felt Jimin's hand slide from his as the doctors opened the doors of the surgery ward as they moved the stretcher inside quickly, not wanting to lose time.

...

"Aigoo our Minji is getting cold~."

His eyes lifted up and he glanced at his sister, as she carried her daughter in her arms, her head laying against her chest; all covered up except for her face; her small hand curled up next to her mouth as her little, brown eyes looked around.