Chapter 87

Sooman was going to sleep, but he couldn't stop himself from stopping on his tracks as he heard some noises coming from his daughter's bedroom. He silently stared at the door, wondering what she could be doing right in that moment. It had been two days since she had given birth, but due to the fact that her baby had gone 'missing', as he had planned, she would stay locked up in her bedroom, as she had been discharged from the hospital earlier than usual. She had spent the whole day cramping, but he had expected her pain to go away as soon as she went to sleep.

"...Fuck..."

She opened the door, stepping out of the bedroom, wearing a loose tank top and cotton shorts. Her legs were shaking as she tried to keep herself in feet, her head hanging low as she held tightly on her belly, her long, wavy black hair covering up her face as she tried to suppress a son of pain.

Sooman gulped down, staring at his daughter silently. She hadn't noticed yet that he was there.

She leaned her head against the wall, biting her lip and holding herself with her hands against the wall as she tried to move forward, wincing in pain.

Sooman was going to just leave and head towards his bedroom, but he stopped on his tracks as soon as he saw a trail of blood going down her left thigh, soaking her white cotton shorts in a deep red color.

"Yu Jimin, what are you doing?"

Jimin took in a shaky breath, turning her head away to stare at her father. She looked at him with a pained expression, her eyes moistening with tears; but she just straightened up her position, slowly stepping forward as she held herself with her right arm, her right hand's palm pressed against the wall.

"Yu Jimin-"

"-Didn't you say that if I had a baby, it was my problem?"

Sooman stared silently at his daughter, seeing that silent tear going down her left cheek. It was the first time he heard her talk since her hospital discharge, and he would have never guessed it would bother him that way. Her voice sounded so strained, but so empty of emotion. As if she had no feelings. No pain. No thoughts.

"Stop, Yu Jimin-" Her father muttered hard, noticing more blood was dripping down her leg.

"-I need painkillers," She muttered with gritted teeth, walking forward almost strengthless, clutching tighter on her belly.

"Jimin-"

"-I NEED PAINKILLERS!"

A heart-wrenching sobbing followed her desperate scream. Sooman could only see as her trembling legs gave in, her hand sliding off the wall as she fell down to the floor. The blood already was staining both of her legs.

"...I-I n-need t-them," She muttered, sobbing as she curled up in a ball, her forehead laying against the floor, "P-pl-please g-give m-m-me p-paink-kill-llers..."

Sooman didn't even have the time to react, as a couple of maids rushed to Jimin's side, bringing her up as she sobbed loudly in pain. One of them looked up at the other, telling her to call an ambulance right away, as she probably had opened up her second degree tear.
...

Sooman stared at the sleeping female on the armchair with half-lidded eyes. Her chest was heaving up and down steadily, her head leaning against the armchair's top, her expression peaceful. Her legs were bare, with one being completely stretched on the floor and the other one slightly bent. He looked down, noticing she was barefoot and that her high heels were just by the side of the armchair.

Sooman lifts his eyes up, the monotonous sound of the heart monitor being interrupted by the sound of the door of his room being opened up. A smiling nurse came in, bowing down in respect before she approached his bed.