Chapter 3

"Yes, let's sneak outside please. it has been years. I can't wait any longer!!" My wolf, Sienna, howled and kicked at me with urgency, as if she would die if I change my mind.

"What if we get caught?!" I sighed.

"What if we don't get caught?!" She replied almost immediately, kicking me gently again.

"It's risky, especially with the kind of hatred everyone has for us. We..."

"Life is all about risk!!" She shouted, and I couldn't hold my laughter.

"We will be whipped 20 times for this!"

"That's if they even find out. And tonight, we already have excruciating torture waiting for us. Let's just have this moment to savor." She whined, and I nodded.

"But...."

"No Buts.... We haven't attempted to sneak out before. They won't expect this, and we won't take long before returning. No one really cares about us and won't notice we are out for these few minutes! Remember how busy they all are in preparation of the full moon festival tonight." She coaxed in enthusiasm, as if there were something special she kept outside.

"Alright, let's get dressed up!" I chirped, and she leaped in excitement, pulling my legs forward so much that I almost fell.

"Do you have a wolf boyfriend out there that I don't know about? You're too eager!" I tittered as I began to search for my hooded long-sleeved jacket, which could hide my face a little.

"I think we might find our mate outside!." My wolf muttered, forcing a surprise look all over my face as I raised my brows at her.

"Really?" I gasped, and she nodded like a baby.

 My lips quirked in a lopsided smile.

"Since he has refused to meet us all these years, let's go hunting for him then," I winked and giggled.

I got dressed up in my black hood, which I wore over my favorite round neckline gown that stopped right above my knees. It was my only gown without any torn parts but was quite oversized around the chest region, so the long jacket will do well to cover that. I had no good clothes anymore, as they had been either burned or thrown away by the Luna.

Just as I opened the door of my room, fear drifted in. The thought of being caught filled the back of my head, and the terror of what would happen next loomed around me like a cloud of fog.

I stepped out and shut the door, swallowing the lumps in my throat as I gave rapt attention to my surroundings. I was going to sneak out through the backyard, which has no bodyguards since it was abandoned.

I peeked around the corner, checking to make sure the coast was clear. The hallway was silent and empty, but I knew better than to let my guard down. I had to be careful and stealthy if I was going to make it out of this building undetected.

With each step, I moved cautiously, trying my best to remain as silent as possible. My mind raced, thinking of all the worst-case scenarios—being caught and the consequences that would follow.

Just as I climbed down the stairs to the second floor, heading for the next staircase, which would take me to the first floor that leads to the backdoor, I realized I was stupid to make this decision.

I stood frozen in place at the top of the steps, my heart pounding in my chest. Every nerve in my body was on edge, and I could feel sweat trickling down my back.

Up to three hefty men were there, dressed in their black suits and trousers with dark glasses. I had seen them in action before, so ruthless and unforgiving.

"Hey." Someone called out from behind, and I almost slumped, my heart almost falling out as I cringed and gasped in fright.

I turned and saw that it was the Luna's personal maid again.

"What are you doing here, dressing like that? You're feeling cold, suddenly?" She gave me a suspicious look, grazing her eyes up and down my body.

"Yes, I am feeling cold. Do you have any problem with that? And... what's up with those ceramic jar and cups you broke?" I smirked, and she hissed sadly.

"You can keep a secret, can't you?" She grumbled, sneering at me.

"Yes, but not a secret from my enemy. I'm waiting for the alpha and Luna to be done with their endless meeting, so I'll report you." I snickered, and she grunted in frustration.

"Please. The Luna dislikes me so much and will really beat me harder for this. I was looking for you to apologize and beg you to keep it a secret, please.. ." She stuttered, flustered and hopeless. I was never going to agree at first, but I needed her help now if I wanted to leave here.

"No long talks. Get me out of here." I said, smiling.

She gasped in surprise, giving me the "you are joking" stare.

"You're trying to run? We know that isn't possible. You....can't go anywhere unnoticed, and the boundary will detect.."

"I'm not running, parrot. Let me just enjoy a few moments of freedom out there." I cut in.

"It's your choice, though. Are you helping me or not?" I added, and she nodded immediately.

"But...."

"No But..." I hushed her.

"I don't trust you." She whined.

"Are you such a dumbass? What do I need your trust for?! help me out and I keep my mouth shut or the reverse be the case." I rolled my eyes and was about to head back when she grabbed my hand.

"I'll help you, but please don't snitch on me. First, remove that jacket and hand it to me because it makes you suspicious. We are walking out like normal girls on duty. Since you're with me, they won't suspect you. I'll lead you to the backyard, and from there, you leave. I hope you're ready for whatever consequences you..."

" Stop talking and have it, please!" I chirped happily and stuffed the hood jacket in her hand, not interested in hearing whatever she was saying.

She folded the cloth in her arms and then motioned for me to follow her, and just as she had foretold, the bodyguards only gave us a little glance and looked away when they saw her.

She actually led me smoothly to the backdoor, and I was just trying so hard to push back the grins that threatened to spread all over my face. My heart was thumping in so much joy, the kind I had never felt since my mother died. It was like a wave coursing through my entire being.

"Take your hoodie; you can go, and make sure you come back earlier and unnoticed, or else, you will have yourself to blame for what comes next!" She warned and flung the jacket at me before walking away almost immediately.

I didn't think twice before dashing out wildly like a goat that had been tethered all its life and was finally set free.