Chapter 64

I released him and turned to the door that led out of the hall. As I faced it, I felt the heaviness of my heart.

Tears prickled my eyes from the pain of seeing everyone reject me. I recalled how every member of this pack was scampering away from me in dread. It was true that I didn't hurt anyone. I wasn't the one who brought death on them last night, but with the way they screamed and ran for their lives, I felt like a real monster.

"What are you waiting for?" Laura's voice crept in, and I looked at her shortly. I had beaten her hard, and she still bleeds profusely from her nose and lips, yet that doesn't stop her hideous smile of victory and satisfaction. 

"If you stay long, they will barge in here and drag you out. We are sure you'll start killing them mercilessly like you did last night, but this time, how many will you assassinate before getting tired? Just leave us in peace." The Beta rasped, staring at me with that kind of look that makes one feel evil.

"And you all won't even have at least a bit of suspicion for this woman you call your Luna? Fuck you all!" I cursed in exasperation before making my way out with a heavy pace as I sniffed back the tears in my eyes.

I don't know what to expect at the Vampire kingdom when I get there. What if they attack and ban me too? How much can Jaden convince them that it wasn't me when his mother was involved in all this mess? Will Jaden and I live all alone, with everyone against us? 

"Make sure she crosses the boundary and leaves. Attack her with all you have if she tries to fight or kill anyone." The voice of the Alpha hollered through the speakers as I made my way to the gate, and I couldn't help scoffing and shaking my head in pity and anger.

Very soon, they will all regret this, but it will be too late then. 

I stepped out of the gate and saw the angry crowd with different weapons. All the hunters and warriors had their arrows and swords in readiness too, as they kept chanting and screaming furiously at me.

Traitor! 

Evil!

Demon!

 Devil!

 "Leave!"

I raised my hand and moved forward while they formed a path for me, every peering eye brimming with venom and pain; some were even crying, and I guess these are the people who lost their loved ones.

"You should die!"

"Evil child!"

"You killed my only daughter!"

"My 12-year-old son is innocent, and you couldn't have mercy!"

All these were ramming in my head from them, and I wished I could shut my ears and stop hearing all these false accusations against me when the true killer or accomplice is in that palace acting like the Luna.

They were all following me to make sure I left with hurls of insult and berating curses. Some were even lamenting and asking me why I did all that. 

Nonsense!

I had to quicken my steps to get out faster. They have all made their choices on who to believe and trust, and I'm not one of them. They have no idea that demons can use someone to transform into another person's form. They don't know they were simply helping the demon king easily infiltrate, ambush, and subdue them until they turn helpless and would then spend the rest of their lives as his slaves.

As I walked further, I suddenly sensed demon scents scattered among the crowd around me, which actually meant that demons were really staying in this pack in disguise. I would have helped fish them out and kill them, but I can't do that since I'm the one they believed to be the demon.