Chapter 51

Jaden's POV

I wished to kill him right there. Each punch on his face was a trigger for another one, and hearing his groans and cry of intense pain only sent more uncontrollable urges to disfigure his face with my blows.

For every pain he had caused Selene. For every moment she cried bitterly and lamented for mercy while he went on torturing her, I felt like taking his life, and even though I agreed with Selene just to beat him up and not kill him, it was so much more difficult to stop until she told me so.

It was as if her voice was all my anger needed to fade away, and it was at that same moment that I realized how hard I had hit him. He looked quite scary with his face beaten to pulp making him appear like those zombies in horror movies, as blood spilled from almost every part of his face.

I stood up after wiping my bloody hands on his cloth, and it was even then that I noticed the little crowd of students that had gathered, some were taking pictures and videos of what was happening.

There was no doubt I was in trouble of getting into trouble with the royal family after doing this to their son, and it all gets more fucked up that I wasn't even a werewolf like them in this pack, no background or family.

How was I going to defend myself or hid without them finding out about my true identity?

When I left the vampire Kingdom and came in here with the help of Jake's ring to cover my scent, I snuck into a random home and luckily found out they had a son at my age. He was asleep so I stole a few of his clothes before running into the wood.

This morning, I kept an eye on the royal packhouse and saw when Selene was taken to school.

I had came here and had poisoned the superintendent's coffee, then used the antidote as a pawn to force him into introducing me that way into this school to avoid suspicion after giving me admission here.

All these risks to save Selene.

Now, how would I escape being attacked by the royal warriors after what I just did to Callen, the Alpha's son?

My eyes went over to Selene, and I could see the fear in her eyes too. It was as if we were having the same thoughts in our heads.

"My...father...will...kill...you..." Callen's strangling voice came in with a cough as he groaned deeply in excruciating pain. "I promise!!" I grunted, struggling to sit up, and I really felt like kicking him hard in the face, but I held myself.

"Can you leave us now, please?" The tiny and shivering voice of Sophia moaned fearfully at me as she crawled closer to where she was. My slap must have been so hard that she lost all balance and fell hard, and I could vividly see the redness of her cheek.

But I could still see something in her eyes. Lust. I had seen it when I came into the class. She was among those who were lost staring at me, drooling with their eyes wet with extreme admiration.

It was very obvious that she was obsessed with me, but what surprised me was that even right now, after I had beaten her brother black and blue, those emotions were still in her eyes when our eyes met.

She even shyly looked away. 

At this point, I had to use it to help myself.

Slowly, I walked up to her, maintaining a steady gaze at her face while she struggled to keep steady eye contact with me as she kept glancing back to the ground.

"Can you stand up from the ground, please?" I said to her in a gentle voice, stretching my hands toward her.

She raised her eyes and stared at my hand, then at my face with a confused look.