Chapter 11

I scrubbed my eyes, shaking my head and staring intently at the body being dragged with each arm by the two bodyguards. Thick red blood was smearing in a straight line as her body trudged along the floor over to the front of the cage, where I was.

Her face and entire was bloody with deep cuts and stabs, but I could clearly recognize her as Joy, the girl who just left here after bringing food for me.

They dropped her motionless body on the floor and unlocked the key of the cage before flinging her inside before locking the gate back, leaving me with Joy, who seemed to have been tortured and wounded so severely. Every part of her body, from head to toe, was bleeding, and her breath was shallow, forced, and hitched at intervals.

She was dying.

"Joy!!" I shrieked, taking her into my arms and trying to wake her up, but the young girl doesn't seem like one to survive it anymore. Her eyes were closed, and apart from her heart, which was thumping, no other part of her was in motion. They had beaten her cruelly and in the most heartless way.

"You should have warned her not to come any closer to you. Now you caused the innocent girl's untimely death." One of the bodyguards said to me in a voice filled with resentment and disgust.

"You know your life is cursed, and you allowed her to get wallowed by it. Murderer!" The other added, and I raised my gaze at them, squinting my eyes as I wondered what the fuck they meant with what they were saying.

"Don't tell me you fools did this to her because she brought food to me!" I screeched, my heart feeling so much pain as if it were stabbed with thousands of knives.

"The Luna found out about it and gave orders for her to be beaten almost to the point of stupor, then brought to you so you will enjoy her bleeding to death. The naive girl had no idea that this place was being monitored with cameras. No one betrays the Luna and goes scot free." That was the last word I heard from them before they walked away, shutting the door and actually leaving me with the dying lady who was about to take her last breath.

I tore the hem of my gown, using the pieces to tie and cover some of her wounds, but it was just too much. I couldn't stop her bleeding, and as her blood formed a small pool around us, it dawned on me that she was literally going to bleed to death right in my arms.

And from what the guards said, I was the reason. I was the cause of her death. Apparently, I killed her. My heart sank with guilt, and I couldn't stop sobbing, staring at her bruised and swollen face, hoping she would miraculously open those eyes and tell me she was fine.

So she was real. I didn't believe her and thought she was sent to tempt me, but that was never it. The young girl was actually by my side and really wanted to be my friend. Now that closeness to me, even when I doubted and shoved her away, was going to cause her death.

Why is this world so cruel?! Why?!

No...

The world isn't cruel, but the Luna of this pack is! She did this! She gave the order!

My heart swelled with rage and so much sadness that I could never have imagined. Joy must have been going through a lot, which made her confess to me her deep hatred for the Luna and ask if I felt the same way.

Oh God, I am fucked at this moment.

"You can save her." A voice spoke inside me, and even my wolf flinched as we wondered where it came from.

"I'm inside you. I'm your vampire beast. You can't see me now because my time to rise hasn't yet arrived, but that is a story for another day. Now save that young dying lady before it becomes too late!" The voice came again, rumbling in my heart like a thunderclap. It sounded so dangerous, and the aura that came with it made me chill and shudder as if cold water were poured down on me.