Chapter 4

"Sienna, we are out! We are outside, away from that shit hole!" I screamed inwardly to my wolf, running as fast as my legs could carry me, tears of joy splattering over my face as I laughed cheerfully with my wolf, who seemed to be even happier than I was as it leaped and backflipped inside me with howls that had so much joy.

"Yes!!! Yes!!! Baby! We did it! Just run faster to the village square, over to the forest, woods, rivers, and garden. We have a limited time, but we will enjoy it to the fullest!" She chirped, laughing with true happiness, such which she had never had before.

Since she appeared inside me as my wolf when I turned 18th birthday, life has never been pleasant for her.

She knew we were doomed for having the vampire gene, and I was really surprised she didn't take her life and leave me wolfless. She decided to actually stand by me and be my only companion, even when it meant I might never be able to shift into her form to let her enjoy life like other wolves like her.

"Sienna, I'm sorry I can't shift to your form." I apologized, pitying her, but it seemed she had gotten really used to her fate and wasn't troubled about that.

"Are you going to lament that forever, especially now? You're ruining this amazing moment! No time to cry, baby," She cackled and added more of her little strength to my feet so I could run faster.

Smiles were all over my face. I was grinning from ear to ear. The tears of joy wouldn't just stop as I really realized how lucky I was to have such a wolf who loves and brightens my mood, especially when she calls me baby. Sounds so cheeky and sweet.

The cool breeze of the evening hit my skin and sparked shivers all over my body, sending sensations of warmth throughout my entire being.

This was the moment we were waiting for, dreaming all day and night to experience it in reality. It felt completely surreal that at some point I thought it wasn't happening for real.

As I bolted my way through with all the speed I had, I began to hear noises and different voices from afar, which simply meant I was close to the village square already.

"We are close..." Sienna breathed, her excitement vivid in every word she spoke, and just in a few minutes, I bumped out into the square, and right in my eyes was the pack I was once counted among. Ranging from children—boys and girls—to the adults, almost all were outside in preparation for the full moon festival.

I could see groups of girls setting up for a run through the woods. The boys were also grouped together to make theirs alongside the ladies. It was fun for both of them—competing to be the fastest and falling in love all along.

When my life was still normal, I had always admired and dreamed of this evening run, enjoying how the males linked up with each of the girls the moment they all speed off at the same time. Friends are made, bonds are created, and mates find themselves in the thrilling sparks of connections with scent and eye contacts.

I looked forward to the day of my first shift when I turned 16, so I could join someday, but here I was, 19 years old, with no idea how it feels to shift into my wolf.

I felt emotional as I saw the happy smiles on everyone's faces. Some ladies speaking with the handsome guys all had their cheeks flushed pink as they laughed and blushed. It was a peaceful and amazing sight, and I could only walk and wonder when I would have that chance to live a normal life of harmony and love again.

"Hey, don't you have any friend? Are you shy?!" a guy said to me from behind, and I only shook my head without sparing a glance at him. I didn't hear his voice again, so I turned and saw he had already gone back to his group of friends.