Chapter 52

Jake's POV

"So you mean my son, Jaden, who had always been your friend, did this to you? He fought you so brutally just to take off your ring? Why will he do such a thing?" Kane seethed, pacing to and fro in the palace, puffing and huffing as he kept hissing in anger.

The queen had her head leaning on her palm, her eyes wet, as she constantly shook her head in sadness and shock. 

I was sitting on a wheel chair with bandages plastered on almost every part of my body. It came as a great shock when they both woke up to the news that the prince was gone—not to anywhere else but to that pack they detest so much. 

It disturbs them more to realize the extent of what he could do just for a wolf girl who was not anyone else but a member of one of the packs they most hated. 

"What the hell had come over my son?!" The vampire king growled, running his fingers aggressively through his hair and tugging it as his teeth clenched tight. His face was red.

"Something is wrong. We have to do something." The queen sighed, her eyes brimming with unshed tears. The level of enmity between vampires and Werewolves runs deep in their veins.

We don't mingle with them and have stayed off each other's paths for so many years.

Watching their son go head over heels in love with a werewolf was just so unbelievable, especially when he had been that son who had no interest in love. They had prayed and hoped for the days a female vampire would capture his heart, even if it would take her years; they just needed him to show a little interest so they could bring them together, but Jaden had been cold and detached.

Now, just like a nightmare to them, Jaden had fallen in love not with any single ladies from the entire vampire kingdoms around the world but rather with a wolf.

It just couldn't make sense to them, and even as they believed it could be a spell, they couldn't understand how the spell could get hold of a powerful being like him. Jaden was obviously not one to be lured by love charms and spells.

It was evening, and the tension had reached its peak. They all thought he would return soon, but since morning till now, they haven't caught a glimpse of him. 

"Jake, what do you think? Why is my son like this?" The queen asked me in a gentle and concerned tone, her eyes on me. Those blue eyes that feel like they could see through me.

"All I know is that he is madly in love with her, and that's the reality." I sighed, and Kane let out a scoff at hearing what I said.

"The reality is that he doesn't know what he is doing, and the only way to open his eyes is to kill that bitch. He should know he is getting married soon and stop messing around!" He snapped in exasperation.

"You're right!" The voice of Celine broke in as she walked into the palace, her hips swaying in pride. I almost hissed out loud in annoyance, looking away from her. 

Even if Jaden never succeeds in having Selene, I will never let him have this girl as his wife. Never! I will do everything to stop the spoilt brat from being the queen.

"I think we shouldn't be worried as the knights will eliminate that stupid wolf girl tonight and my husband, Jaden, will realize how much he has been used by her charm." Celine sighed, her voice meek as she bowed to them, acting like a good girl.

"Jaden must have done all these things to go to that pack so he would stop the knights from killing Selene. We are no longer so sure the men can assassinate that girl." The queen muttered, her brows furrowed.

"And with his dark, powerful strength that erupts when he is in rage, there is no way he won't be able to save Selene. That dark power in him shouldn't be used against us but against our enemies. I don't even know what to do anymore. Jaden is lost in her world." The King grunted, slumping on his throne tiredly.