Chapter 66

"I am here because I didn't do it. It wasn't me that massacred my pack members and the ones here. I have no idea about all that because I was with Jaden all through last night. Someone else took my identity and...."

"I believe you." The woman lying on the bed cut in, before I could even finish what I had to say. Everyone shifted their gazes at her, surprised and confused.

"Mom, are you for real?!" Jaden gasped, his voice high-pitched like a small child, as he knelt beside her, taking her palm into his. 

"Yes. This girl can't be the vicious girl who attacked me last night. Never!" She replied, and I let out a soft sigh of relief. At least someone just believed me, apart from my friend.

"How many werewolves are here?" Jaden's father huffed the question at Jake, especially as he saw how he held Joy's hand firmly.

"Three." He muttered, scratching his head.

"I don't smell three. I can only sense two, while this Selene emits a scent like one of us. Why is she having our scent while being a werewolf? Does she really have connections with us?" His voice, which was expected to be really harsh and menacing, sounded calm as he asked those questions.

The way he had been looking at me since I stepped in here had really been surprising for a man I heard really hated me and my entire Werewolf family. There was a trace of tenderness in his eyes whenever our eyes met.

"Dad, she is a hybrid, and you won't believe how miserable her life has been in that pack because of this. Her father is a vampire, so she has a mix gene, and that has made her pack members torture and humiliate her mercilessly. Even her mate rejected and spurned her." Jaden explained it seriously.

"Oh, poor girl... She really doesn't deserve all that. I'm happy you helped her out of that mess. I am already liking her presence in this household." Jaden's mother said in a happy tone, and I couldn't hold back my smile as my eyes wet up with tears.

I was feeling emotional. This wasn't what I expected in the vampire kingdom, which had been marked as our enemy.

"Well, I have to also say I believe she isn't the one that attacked this kingdom last night. Someone else definitely used demonic charms to appear with her face." The voice of Jaden's father was heard at that moment, drawing everyone's attention to him, including his wife, who let out a pretty smile.

Jaden leaped and hugged his father tight, while Jake and Joy hugged each other in giddy excitement.

"Thank you so much! I was thinking really hard about how I would convince you that she wasn't the one. I was kind of afraid you wouldn't even care to listen to any of us. Dad, I love you for believing her!" He hollered, excitement brimming in his tone.

"She doesn't look like one to do all that last night. She appeared really different. Is she your mate?" He asked with a lopsided grin as soon as he broke the hug, and Jaden chuckled, gesturing at the side of my neck.

"There it is already. I couldn't wait." He laughed, and his mother forced herself up from the bed and walked over to me.

"Thank you so much for changing my son. You won't believe how many girls I had brought to him, with their different seducing tactics, but my son's heart had been harder than rock. You must be so amazing to melt those walls." She spoke to me in such a heartwarming tone that it made my tears fall off.

A tears of joy—tears that tell the real depth of emotion I was feeling inside me. It was like a dream seeing that the people I thought would prosecute me without hesitation were the ones who accepted and believed me while my own people, whom I had grown up with for 19 years of my life, threw me out like a shit.