Chapter 73

Is this an illusion or some kind of hallucination happening in my head? Because there is no way this can be real. Not now, not at this moment of my victory! It can't be!

My heart began to race, pounding harder inside my chest as beads of sweat formed on my forehead while I watched, like other people, a strange drama unfold.

"Who are you talking about?" Selene asked in a soft tone, and Lucas's mouth went agape, his eyes now exuding so much excitement as he drew closer to her like a magnetic force was pulling him, and at that moment he totally forgot I was in existence.

Something about Selene had grasped his entire soul and body that not even my charm couldn't alter. He was totally mesmerized, leaving every other person present in a confused state, as no one had seen him intrigued by anyone.

"You speak like her. Your eyes. Your eyes are blue like hers, so pretty and innocent. I see her in you. Is your mother a hunter? If yes, where is she, please?" The almighty Lycan king spoke with so much calmness and affection, leaving everyone more befuddled.

There were rising murmurs, people whispering at each other with their faces contorted in sheer shock and disbelief.

"We have failed. That's his daughter. How come you never found out and let me know, bitch!" The voice of the demon king rang in my head at that moment, and what he said hit me like a bomb, blasting every single part of me into pieces as my eyes widened and my heart stopped right in my chest, making it hard for me to breathe.

"No, it can't be..." I panted silently, tears forming in my eyes as the nightmare I wished never to have began to glare right in front of me. 

If Selene is the Lycan king's daughter, then I am doomed, and now that the demon king just confirmed it, I don't need a soothsayer to know it is over for me. I had lost at the very moment I thought I won.

"So you are the king my mother told me was my father. So you're the one. I am your daughter." Selene moaned out in an emotional voice, tears in her eyes as they both gazed at each other. King Lucas had that fatherly love brimming in his eyes as he held her chin gently, using his other hand to wipe out her tears.

"Is your mother dead?" He asked, his voice cracking up like he was going to break down. We could hear his heavy breaths and the rumble of a deadly growl in his chest.

"Dad....she...was forced to die." Selene burst out in tears, hugging him tightly as he rubbed her back and stroked her hair soothingly.

There was dead silence.

While every other person was just in surprise and awe, me and everyone from our pack were already shivering in fear, realizing what we had done. We caused the death of the Lycan king's lover, and Selene had been turned into our enemy. 

What if she tells him everything? In rage, he was going to wipe us all out, because I can't doubt the intense, pure affection and longing desire I saw in his eyes when he asked Selene about her mother. 

Alpha Logan was literally sweating profusely, and his hands were shaking uncontrollably. All the people from our pack present who were around him began to draw back, finding a way to sneak out of the group and stay with other packs.

What would be my own fate? I am the person Selene hates the most for all the wicked and cruel things I have done to her.

My life is messed up.

"Why didn't you come for us all this time? I suffered terribly for having a vampire gene. My mother sacrificed her life to prevent me from being killed by my pack members. If she hadn't done that, I would have rot in the grave now." She sobbed, and he held her face tenderly, wiping her tears.