Chapter 68

"No ooooo!" Callen's scream broke through the room, terror of death in his voice as he sprang from the bed, panting, his eyes wide open as he stared in shock at what was going on. He just couldn't believe it was happening for real. How was he going to accept that this was real, seeing the woman he had called mother for years killing his sister brutally.

I gave him deaf ears, picking up Sophia, who was struggling for breath as blood smeared all over her face while her hands spread frantically in an attempt to get help from anywhere.

I dragged her up with her hair and smirked as the demon spirit in me took over, increasing my craving for her internal organ. The desire to kill rushed through my entire body like a wave in the ocean, and every cry, scream, and plea that they were dishing out were like songs to my ears.

Callen shifted into his wolf form and charged at me, leaping up in the air in an attempt to pounce on me with his claws. He was quick and agile with the Alpha special abilities in him, but my demonic self was way greater, and every one of my senses was sharper than his.

Just when he was about to claw at me, I swiftly pulled back and shielded myself with his sister. I was so quick that he couldn't pause in his tracks, watching himself dig his claws into her eyes and his fangs plunging into her neck.

He shifted back to his human form and recoiled immediately, a sharp screech of horror escaping his lips as his sister cried out in a loud voice, falling to the ground as she held her bloody face. 

I burst into laughter, watching as Callen held her in his arms, sitting hopelessly on the ground, sobbing and calling out her name. He was begging her not to die, and that she should be strong...bla bla bla.

Does he think any of them will see daylight tomorrow? They are both dying tonight, and he is here trying to be the hero.

"You both brought this up on yourself by trusting and believing the wrong person. This wouldn't have been your fate if you had given Selene a chance. She was the savior, a special gift from the moon goddess to save you all from the demons, but what did she get from you guys? Pain, suffering, humiliation, and starvation. You, Callen, even marked her as a slave!" I laughed huskily again, recalling that I was the one giving him this advice on what to do to Selene.

"But you were the one that...."

"Oh yes, dumb head! I work for the demon king, so what do you expect?" I cut him off, smirking as his jaw dropped and both eyes popped out in sheer shock and instant regret.

"She was even your mate. A powerful girl whose strength goes beyond mere understanding. She was a blessing to you, but instead of listening to her and showering her with the love she deserved as your mate, you broke her more. Now she is gone, and you are here waiting for your death!" I giggled mockingly at him as his face was etched with sorrow.

He looked down on his sister, and she was gasping, her body trembling as her blood was almost creating a pool around them.

His face was full of regret, but it was more heartbreaking that there was no second chance, no time to make right all his wrongs. He had gotten it all wrong, and when he realized his mistake, it was too late.

"Can you at least spare me, please. Remember, you are the Luna. Don't allow the demons to use you. There is still time to make things right. I promise to do anything you want me to do. I beg of you! My sister needs to be treated." He sobbed, tears all over his face, as his lips trembled while speaking. 

"There is only one thing I want you to do. Maybe I will consider sparing your life." I let out a smug smile, stepping closer.

"Please tell me." He spoke anxiously, breathing heavily.