Chapter 5

"You are not going to say anything?" He asked with a quizzical look, his voice deep and smooth, so smooth that I felt like he were speaking into my soul.

I gasped and smiled brightly, but he didn't even return the smile and instead let out a deep frown.

"What do you want me to say, Mr handsome?" I beamed, feeling the rush up my cheeks. I am sure they are like tomatoes right now.

"What are you doing here? Leave. I want to stay alone." He rasped, but I stepped closer to him, my eyes never leaving him. I really love how his eyeballs flinched and flickered brightly from side to side as if there were lights in them.

"Isn't it surprising that you didn't know who I am? Every member of this pack knows me." I smirked and saw his brows furrow together as he cleared his throat and gave me a long stare.

"Who says I don't know you? I just don't want to...."

Shhhh," I placed my index finger on his lips, and he let out a growl, his frown deepening as he quickly slapped my hand away.

"Don't touch me!" he warned and began to walk to the rock where his shirt was lying.

"You are not one of us." I spilled as he was about to pick up his shirt. He paused abruptly after what I uttered, then made a quick turn to face me.

"Are you stupid? What do you mean?" He sneered, gritting his teeth as those eyes flint in anger.

"Werewolves have a single way of beckoning all the warriors and hunters when they find your kind in our land." I said curtly, and his eyes widened. He got really tensed, but he quickly regained his composure and burst into laughter.

Okay, I must say this is the sexiest man on earth right now. Why does his laugh sound so harmonious and melodious? The way his white set of teeth gleamed would lure you into smiling sheepishly without realizing it.

"Little girl, it's my fault that I didn't realize earlier that you have a mental issue. There is no way another kind of person who isn't a werewolf would be able to enter this pack. Just do whatever you came here to do and get lost. You are so annoying!" He scoffed, let out a hiss, and began to put on his shirt in a gentle and noble manner, as if he were a king or prince.

His scent wasn't of the werwolf, but the familiar scent he got was something my brain couldn't remember where I first smelled it. The more I rack my brain for an answer, the more blank it becomes.

"How did you find out about this river. It had been my favorite place till my life was destroyed by the vampires." I muttered sadly.

"What? Your life was destroyed by the vampires? How? Are you among those who blame the vampires for every misfortune that befalls them?!" He huffed at me, and as soon as I looked at him, I saw the sheer annoyance in his eyes.

It was then that everything clicked into place in my head in a snap, sending cold chills down my spine. I instantly recalled where I had come across his kind of smell before, and that made my eyes widen as I screamed, jumping up to my feet and backing away from him as terror rushed through me like an electric current.

That moment when I shifted into a vampire instead of my wolf, his kind of smell was what filled the room and swirled around me.

Oh no..

"What is it?" He asked as he buttoned his shirt.

"You are a vampire. You are one of them! You all destroyed my life, and now you're here again in our pack. What do you guys want?! Allow us to live in peace!" I shrieked, tears brimming in my eyes, as I began to take steps backward, pain coursing through my heart as the scene of my mother's death played in my head again and again, forcing my lips to tremble as I bit them to push back the outburst of cry that threatened to break out.

His eyes dilated, and there was a huge surprise on his face as he peered at me quizzically.

"Hey, how did you?...Hey, hey, come back here and tell me how you could tell who I was!" He huffed at me in an angry voice, taking quick steps forward while I retreated hastily, my legs wavering in dread as I imagined the worst.

"I can smell your vampire scent. Just tell me why you're here! To spy on us? Or to do the same thing that was done to my mother?!" I whimpered, shaking my head, as I kept moving backward fast without turning. I was scared that he would kill me once I moved my eyes away from him.

"How can you perceive my scent! It is hidden with...." He paused talking as I tripped on a rock and fell heavily on my buttocks and hurried to help me up but I didn't stop moving away from him as I sprawled, glancing through for a quick exit as more fear coursed through me.

If I had known he was a vampire, I would have run away from him the moment I saw him.

I don't know why I ever admired this devil in the first place. He must be here to do evil. Vampires are the cruelest and most despicable creatures ever, and he isn't different from them.

As he drew closer to me, I shouted.

"Stay away!! Don't touch me! Don't! Please don't hurt me or do to me the same thing your people did to my mother! I beg you. I'm just an innocent girl who doesn't even have a life of her own." I cried in panic.

My heart was racing as I crossed my legs and wrapped my hands over my chest, fear in my eyes, especially when he stood tall over me as I lay helplessly on the ground.

My mother didn't say anything about how she ended up having a baby for a vampire, but the more I think about it, the more it becomes clear how everything must have occurred. It can't be far away from rape.

One of them must have raped her, and she had no other choice but to keep it a secret and suffer from the trauma alone. That was the only explanation for a mated wolf like her to have a baby for someone else—unbelievably, a vampire.

"What are you saying, little girl?" He squatted down as he asked, his voice appearing calm and soft and those eyes having warmth in them, but I won't fall for the trap.

He lent his hand to lift me up, but the fear of who he was didn't allow me to take it. I couldn't even look at his face anymore.

"Please allow me to go..." I pleaded in tears that wouldn't stop pouring down my eyes like rivers. My hands were trembling as I feared the danger that was about to eat me up. He took back his hand and stood up.

"I am not holding you. The exit is that way. Why lay there? Just stand up and leave. I am not going to hurt you." He shrugged, a trace of sadness glinting in his eyes as he turned his back on me.