Chapter 44

"Fearful boy!" I laughed scornfully "I thought you just said you'd beat him till he passed out!" I mocked him as his face turned red and he growled harder.

"I will kill you!" He fumed, and before I could say anything, his strong palm struck my cheek in a resounding slap that almost blinded me. The pain stung so painfully that it was as if thousands of needles were pierced into my cheek. My hands were tied, and I could rub them to ease the pain, making it hurt really bad.

"Untie me, asshole!" I shrieked, gritting my teeth and breathing heavily as I tried not to cry, but the pain was burning.

"Who is that guy? What is his name, and where does he live? Who is he to you? And how did he suddenly appear that day? Tell me everything about him now!" He barked at me, his saliva splattering on my face and irritating the snot out of me.

"I don't know him. You saw his face. Go search for him yourself!" I huffed, exasperated, as I stared at his face. With the fury burning in me, I swear that if I wasn't tied down, I would bite off his nose.

He smirked and let out a sardonic chuckle.

"I don't expect you to tell me so easily. I don't care to know who he is. He should be warned to stay away from you because the next time he interferes, I won't only make sure he is beaten to pulp, I will also ban him from this pack to be devoured by vampires and rogues out there." He rasped, and I almost snickered at his stupidity.

If only he knew who Jaden was. The next time they meet, he won't go scot-free like the other day.

"What do you want from me? Leave me alone!" I hissed, disgusted already at the man who was once my mate, and the fact that he was going to be the next Alpha made it more shitty.

"It seems you are yet to know what fate I have made for you." A smug look plastered all over his face as he pulled closer, peering at my face.

"Leave me alone! I hate seeing your face! It churned my stomach. I will throw up."

He burst into laughter.

"Oh no, I can't leave a despicable bitch like you. Now listen, after my rejection that night, I knew you might have a chance of a second chance, especially if it was that man that saved you the other day. I have to prevent it so that you will suffer terribly all your remaining life, wrapped around my finger tip." He let out a wry smile that made me look away immediately.

But he grabbed my chin and roughly turned my face back to him.

"You don't dare look away when your master is speaking!" He growled, and my eyes narrowed.

"Master?"

"Oh yes, my parents have offered you as my slave." He winked, and my heart sank into my stomach as my eyes widened.

"What?! You must be joking!" My voice reverberated through the room as I shouted while he laughed cockily at me.

"I am here to mark you not as my mate but as my slave. You will never have the opportunity for a second chance, mate!" He snickered and snapped his finger.

Just then, a bodyguard walked in with the silver dagger in his hand. My jaw dropped as I realized it wasn't all a joke. For real, this son of a bitch wants to mark me as his slave.

"Don't dare touch that on my body!" I screamed, petrified, as he took it from the guard and faced me.

"You have no choice or say. And the body you called yours isn't yours; it's mine. I own you." He croaked, and I began to shake my head vigorously, preventing him from locating the side of my neck where he wanted to mark it.