Chapter 70

Immediately after I got back, four demons swept me off my feet and tied my hands and legs tight as the demon king walked in with rage in his eyes.

"Why did you go into the vampire kingdom? I didn't send you there. You failed to carry out my order. The punishment is death, you know?" He growled, picking up a sharp knife.

I stared at his face, and my parents images, especially my mother's, filled my head, torturing the hell out of me.

"You should ask me what I went there to do first." I retorted, and he scoffed.

"My men trailing behind you saw you enter a garden, which they couldn't follow you in because Selene is in there. It makes me feel you're about to betray me or have already done that."

"You're wrong."

"Prove it then!" He barked, playing with the blade.

"I was able to enter there because I am a vampire. I went to that vampire clan to see Jaden because I miss him, but what I found would be interesting to you because it is a secret to end Selene. Do you want to hear it, or are you going to kill me off and keep daydreaming about taking over when you know Selene will be your end?" I huffed, and his eyes lit up as he scrutinized me with his eyes.

"How can I trust you?"

"By trying it out? The result will speak for itself. I literally heard her saying it to Jaden. She told him her weakness."

"Tell me then."

"Create a sword with the mixture of acid, wolfsbane, and a silver mixture. One cut on her skin, and she will lose all her powers!" I dropped the lie, leaving him confused.

"Whether you're lying or not, I can never know because there is no fucking way she can be cut with a sword." He snorted, feeling fed up already.

"The moon ball festival is the right moment. She might seem fierce, but she has a soft heart for her people. The Alpha can help us lure her into our trap. Just a little strike and Selene will lose all her powers in under one hour," I explained further in a more convincing tone, which I guessed actually worked.

"Okay, just pray it works. If it does, you won't only have your freedom but so many gifts added!" He shrugged a little and gave the order that I should be untied.

A smirk crept up on my lips.

If only he knew I just requested the wolf's deadly weapon, which I'll use to end Laura's life. She will pay for bringing me here in the first place and then lying to me that my parents will not be killed.

I don't mind dying after seeing her take her last breath. Before then, I need to write a letter to Jaden and Selene.

Alpha Logan's POV

It was late in the morning when I woke up feeling nauseated, having a chronic headache, and having a high body temperature.

I was sick, and I knew it was all because of what was happening in this pack. I got up from the bed, and Laura was lying beside me, her eyes closed. As I saw the clock, I was confused as to why my children hadn't come in here to wake me and tell me they were ready to leave.

These are my treasures and my only source of happiness after all the calamities that have fallen on me.

Did they also oversleep like me?

I mused, leaving the bed in a hurry as I headed to the visitors room where they slept last night. I knocked and knocked, but there was no sound, so I pushed it open, and my world ended the moment I stepped in.

My scream of terror drew the whole household's attention as they came running to see the gory scene in front of me. It was as if every strength in me flushed away and my entire system seized to work.