Chapter 32

"Are you with me or against me? You have to give me a reply now." He repeated, his face far from smiling, so stern that I knew it would be useless to try convincing him to change his mind. 

He was very ready to face whatever would come out of this abominable romance with a werewolf.

My lips were slightly shaking as my brain went blank and my throat dried up. I stared at him without knowing what to say. My entire being was divided into two, one was against him, and the other, which included my heart, badly needed to be by his side. Going against him means I won't be his friend anymore and will have to side with the king and the clan to fight him.

"I don't know why it's hard for you to choose. I won't hurt you for making any choice. Seriously, I would love it if you told me to my face that you could never be part of this sh*t. Say it because I know that's what's on your mind." He hissed and exhaled, licking his lips in a way that was so seductive in my eyes that I felt a great urge to pull him in and kiss him forever.

"I am in love with that wolf girl. Her name is Selene. She is the woman my heart beats for, and I know everyone will be against us." He smirked and laughed a bit. 

"I don't give a shit! Even if it means running away with her to a foreign land where we aren't recognized, I will do that gladly. I have to follow my heart, and that's it. Not even my father can stop me! I will go through thick and thin. Through fire and ocean just for her. I will..." 

"Fine." I breathed, interrupting him because I was getting jealous and a bit hurt by everything he was saying.

My heart was in a deep mess hearing the man I love confess all these things, and they were not for me...I badly wish he was talking about me. 

I would really love to be the one his heart beats for, but the more I sit here with him and hear him out, the more that hope goes bleak and tiny, till it is like a whisp of smoke fading with the wind. I don't really know if I'm gay, but after growing up with only him as my best friend and doing everything together, I just don't want that to end. 

I really can't bear seeing him fall in love and push me aside until I become a disturbance in his life. I'm confused.

"Jaden, I'm your friend. Am I not?" I shrugged, taking deep breaths to calm my nerves as emotions bubbled inside me.

"I don't know. We can be friends today and enemies tomorrow. Everyone has to deal with their own shit and find a way out. We owe each other nothing." He replied curtly as he grabbed the last cup of beer and finished it up quickly.

He had never been this sincere to me, and I could see in his eyes how much he loved this girl. It was really deep, and the emotions reeked in his voice and exuded in every word.

I knew I had no chance, but my stupid heart wouldn't let me walk away from him. It was the right time to kill those feelings and stand by the law guiding our kingdom instead of joining him in messing up, but I couldn't. I was going to sacrifice everything for him. That's how much love traps you.

"We won't stop being friends because you fell in love. From the beginning, I told you something. Whether she is a wolf girl or vampire, anyone... anyone... Go for her. I am right behind you to support and help you in whatever way you want, even if it requires laying my life down for you " I smiled.

My eyes were on him, peering at every feature in pure admiration and love. His face beamed with a smile after what I said, and my heart fluttered. Seeing him become happy was like therapy for my soul.

"I trust you enough not to ask for a blood covenant to prevent betrayal...I..." 

He couldn't complete whatever he was going to say because before he would go further, I had drew out the little dagger in my pocket and slit my left wrist.