Chapter 17

When I reached the royal pack house, the Alpha and his Luna were in the sitting room.

"Go and greet your new masters and ask if there is anything they need you to do for them. They just returned and might need a slave to help them do a lot." The Luna said, scornfully, making sure to emphasize the slave she just called me. Her words really hurt, but there was nothing I could do.

I thought I would one day get used to her heartbreaking abuse and demeaning comments, but each time, it hits differently and the pain continues, which she clearly enjoys.

With tears threatening to fall from my eyes, I walked away, climbing up the stairs as I headed to the room. It was a room I had been cleaning every day since I became a slave here. For over a year, I cleaned the room daily, awaiting their return.

I decided to meet with the son first before the daughter, whose room was on the next floor above.

As I drew closer to his room through the hallways, I wondered how old he would be and what his looks were like. I felt curious and increased my pace, but just as I was a few meters away, I smelled it.

The strong fragrance of earthy notes, musk, and a hint of sandalwood, combined together, drifted towards me all of a sudden.

As I walked toward the room, the smell became stronger and stronger.

"Mate!" My wolf shouted in joy, and I beamed, gasping as I sniffed the primal and masculine scent that was taking over my mind and soul.

I knew instantly that he was my mate because his scent called to me on a deep, instinctual level, connecting with my soul so deeply that I could almost hear the sound of his breathing from that distance.

Joy was all that filled me to the brim as I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, letting the fragrance wash over me.

My dream had come true, and it was no one else but the Alpha's son. I was his fated mate. I almost squeaked so loudly as I skidded forward, my hair bouncing behind me as I let out a delighted giggle, ready to run into his arms for protection and safety.

Nothing else mattered at that moment but to open that door and meet my fated mate from the moon goddess, the one that was going to end my sufferings.

I started to tap on the door but paused the moment I began to hear different voices. I couldn't wait any longer as I twisted the knob. The door was unlocked, so I pushed it wide open.

My eyes popped out in shock at the scene happening in front of me. I froze, my heart stopping right inside my chest.

My mate was pressed up against another woman, and their lips locked in a passionate kiss as they were both lost in the moment. His hands were around her waist, rubbing her ass, while her hands went over his neck and tugged at his hair as she moaned silently under the deep kiss.

I stood there, rooted to the spot, unable to move or look away. My mind was reeling, trying to process what was happening before my eyes as I felt like my heart was ripping apart. It was like sharp knives were stabbing my chest continuously as I struggled to breathe.

"No...no..."

This can't be..

I mused, blinking and hoping the scene would fade away right in front of me like hallucinations, but the more I waited, the more he went deeper, and their moans banged my head. He was pressing her boobs and kissing her neck while she rubbed his hard dick through his trousers.

My eyes prickled, but I fought back my tears, shaking my head in disbelief, wondering if I was invisible. Even if I was, my scent should have drifted into his nostrils now and made him realize his mate was here, but he seemed to go deeper the moment I stepped in.

"What is going on here!" I shouted, my voice cracking as I felt more pain shooting through me.

They broke the kiss, swirled to face me, and I could see nothing but anger on the face of my supposed mate. Almost all of the buttons on his shirt was loosen to expose his broad chest and six-packs. The curly blonde-haired girl, on the other hand, was just confused as she sized me up with her eyes.

My eyes were locked on the handsome Alpha prince, so sexy and domineering with his Alpha aura filling the air. He had that bad boy enticing appearance that most ladies would love and his dreamy hazel eyes cute, but right there, I knew he wasn't for me. His eyes were brimming with disgust and anger as they gawked at me even with my mate scent.

He stood tall and towering with an air of pride, his body ripped with muscles and his chiseled features were set in a commanding expression, with a strong jawline. His thick, dark hair was styled in a way that added to his sexy appearance, with carefully coifed waves that framed his face

"Who are you? And how dare you barge into my room?!" He sneered, his fists balling as he twitched his nose, sniffing like he was fighting against my scent.

I was confused, unable to say anything as I wondered if I was daydreaming.

"Talk! You slutty maid!!" The lady with him yelled and rushed at me, landing a hot slap across my cheek which snapped my face to the other side, sending throbbing pain all over my face.

The scene of her kissing and smooching with my mate hazed my mind, and with the humiliating slap all sparked every ounce of rage and jealousy in me.

Before she could see it coming, I turned my face back to her and lashed a resounding slap in return, erupting a wild cry from her as she lost balance and fell heavily on her buttocks.

"I should be asking you who you are because he is my mate!" I seethed, glaring at her.

"Are you mad?!" My so-called mate roared at me, and I turned at him in surprise.

"Don't you realize I am your mate? Can't you smell the mate scent? Or have you lost your sense of smell?!" I bawled, hurt, as I thought of the worst scenario.

He was my hope. He should be my last hope to put an end to my suffering.

"A filthy slave like you should know better. We can never be mates, bitch! I won't accept a pig. " He growled in sheer resentment and aggressively gripped my throat tight, pulling me up until my feet left the ground while I choked and struggled to breathe, fighting to set myself free.

Tears fell from my eyes, and I was almost losing my breath, but he doesn't care. Hatred and disgust were all that filled those eyes.

"The moon goddess is mad for making us mates and never you think it will ever work. The next time you lay your filthy hand on my girlfriend again, I'll make sure I skin you alive. Smelly pig!" He spat on my face and flung me to the bare ground like a piece of garbage, then bent over to check on his girlfriend, who was whimpering on the floor.

I felt pain. Terrible pain of rejection that was unbearable. I felt my world tearing apart, with all hope flushing down the drain.

"Get ready for rejection, fool! And you will pay for what you just did!" His disdainful voice rasped directly at me, and I looked up, my vision blurred with tears only to see his angry eyes at me as his hands clasped together with the other girl.

I was hurt and scared, but I knew better than to be a cry baby to this dickhead and allow him and his socalled girlfriend to make mockery of me. I waited so many years for a mate, and this asshole was offered to me. It is really disappointing and I've to accept that my life can't get any better.

No hope to escape this terrible life.

"Reject me faster, fool, because I would do it myself if you don't!" I hissed curtly, and faced his girl whose cheek was already red and her lips bleeding slightly from my hot slap as she glared wickedly at me.

"You can continue the kiss with him, but it will surely be a painful kiss. Go gently before your lips falls off." I mocked and stormed out with the strength left in me.

As soon as I stepped out, tears streamed down my cheeks but I quickly wiped them off.