Chapter 23

"Thank you for your help. He will do exactly as you instruct." Jake quickly cut in before I could say anything, as if he were preventing me from making any counters.

I glanced at him with a frown, which he ignored, smiling at the man as he stood to his feet.

"I hope he does it because he doesn't seem like one who is willing to let go of that girl, and it is really dangerous seeing that he is the vampire prince and future king of the vampires. I thought he should know by now how dangerous it is to have such feelings for werewolves." The shaman sighed, shaking his head as he stared at me with disappointment in his eyes.

He seemed to know just everything, and it's irking the shit out of me. How did Jake know about this man here? Can he read my mind too? Fuck it!

"It will be hard for him, but he will definitely do it. I am guessing the girl might have used charm on him, but trust me, he has a strong will to end the forbidden romance." Jake defended with a smile, while I took a deep breath and stood up quickly.

"Am I right?" Jake asked me, and I hissed at him, walking off at that moment without saying any other word.

Each step I took away from that thatched house made me angrier and more ashamed of what I had turned into. I felt like a sissy being controlled by Jake. I felt really stupid and couldn't wrap my head around how and when I turned into this whimp.

Even if I were in love with a werewolf, it is no one's business. No one had to take me to a magician to help me get rid of her from my mind. I don't have to give an explanation to anyone, not to mention a common friend like Jake.

As I thought of all these things with so much anger, something began to stir inside me. I felt that familiar, powerful darkness stir inside my heart.

Jake's POV

When I asked him if I was right and he hissed, I saw the glint in his eyes. A glint of anger that filled the whole atmosphere with his royalty aura, reminding us all that he was the prince, and even the shaman could feel that we might have crossed boundaries.

I was trying to help him, but it was as if I had gone really far to bring him here. As he left, the old man gave me the knife.

"If he changes his mind to do it. Hand the knife to him." He breathed, and I hesitated before taking it.

"He is really angry. I can feel it."

"You are his friend. It is your duty to help him." He shrugged.

"What if I am doing it the wrong way?" I hissed.

"You aren't. Go now." He patted me on the shoulder, and I smiled and ran hastily to meet up with Jaden, who had really gone far. He was walking so quickly that I had to switch to my vampire's abilities to catch up earlier.

"Jaden..." I called and placed my hand on his shoulder. In a whirl that was like that of a strong wind, he attacked me so dangerously with a punch that almost made me pass out as I stumbled backward and hit my back hard to the ground, letting out a loud groan.

I was shocked to the core, but it turned to terror when I caught a glimpse of his pair of eyes that were glowing with pure rage, and his deadly powers seemed to be swirling around him like dark fog, instilling horror in me.

The last time I saw him this way was months ago when a werewolf spy was caught and brought to the palace, and when he was asking him questions, the spy spat on his face.

He made sure to tear his body from limb to limb and personally burn it. It didn't end there; he went as far as arranging the warriors and going into war with the pack of the spy. He singlehandedly destroyed almost half of them, making sure they were all wiped out.