Chapter 43

Selene's POV

Joy was the first to wake up and nudged at me with confusion and disbelief in her eyes.

"What is happening? How were we left to sleep all we wanted, and someone even came in here and took away the alarm so we could sleep to our "How were we left to sleep all we wanted, and someone even came in here and took away the alarm so we could sleep to our hearts' content?" She gasped, staring at me with widened eyes, and I quickly sat up, darting my eyes at the clock.

"What?" I shuddered in shock. It was past 1 p.m.

"Who took away the alarm and why?" I asked rhetorically, knowing that neither of us has the answer to that, but we both know that it can never be for good after all that happened last night.

"Selene, I think we are in danger. What if Luna had reported me? Remember, she knows everything that we did. How did she even find out? And my mother...." She screeched the last part, burying her face into her palm in distress.

"Luna is the real enemy, and we have to find a way to destroy her. I don't know why she is doing all this. I sighed and placed my hand on her shoulder, rubbing it gently.

"I don't want my mother to die. I have to see her again. I am dying to see her after so many years," she muffled.

"It has been years, and the Luna didn't kill your mother. If your mother is the true Luna, she can't kill her and will only wait for her to die naturally. Before then, I will save her. Promise: "I cooed, and she jumped in joy, her arms spread apart.

"Yes!! Oh God, Selene, you are a blessing to my life. I love you!" She squeaked, her face graced with happiness as she laughed uncontrollably.

"You deserve it after helping me meet my fated mate." I smiled, and she paused, crouched, and gave me a cheesy smile.

"Jaden is your fated mate." She asked, peeking at my face with a funny look.

"Yes, and Jake belongs to you." I replied with a giggle as she grimaced and slumped on the bed.

"You have a vampire gene. I don't have How can a vampire be my mate? It's stupid to think of it." She shrugged and laid back on the bed.

"Look how we are relaxed in here, not knowing the danger that awaits us outside." I sighed as a rush of sadness coursed through me. She sat up hastily.

"Oh, God. I am scared already!" She swallowed hard, and before I could say anything else, the door burst open, and we both darted our eyes at it, and what we saw sent a cold chill of terror down our spines.

Luna stepped in, clapping her hands with a sinister smile on her face as she directed her eyes from me to Joy. Joy began to tremble, and she clutched my arm frantically.

"How was your sleep? You enjoyed the bliss, right?" Laura asked Joy and let out a sardonic laugh.

"Laura, end all this! We know your secrets and will expose them! It's still early to repent, confess, surrender yourself, and make right your wrongs!" I snapped at her, and her laughter increased. She threw her head back and clapped her hands as if the laughter were uncontrollable.

"You say what? Repent? Surrender? Oh, how pathetic." She snickered and shook her head pitifully at me.

"And you just called me by my name?" She added, letting out a wry smile.

"Yes. You are not the Luna, so it's an abomination to call you a Luna. You are fake! You are evil and pathetic!" I fired back, and she drew closer and crouched, peering into my eyes.

"You were lucky your vampire beast side kicked in. You are also lucky that your mother initiated that curse. If not, you would have rotted 6 feet below the ground. Now, what about her?" She paused with a scowl, gesturing at Joy, who was clinging to me.