Chapter 49

"Beat her to stupor!" Sophia commanded like she was a queen talking to her subjects, and that was just how it seemed because I could see the group of muscular boys sitting at the back coming for me.

The fatty, chubby-cheeked guy who called me a dirty thing earlier was their leader as they left their seats and attacked me while Sophia and some girls tried to help Callen up while he groaned in pain.

"Don't dare touch me!" I yelled at them, but none of them listened. They caught a hold of me before I could think of running. The door of the classroom was closed at that moment as three boys held my hands. It started with slaps from two different angles on both of my cheeks, then I was swept off my feet and landed heavily on my buttocks.

They were ready to beat me up, but luckily for me, a voice they feared and respected broke in just at that moment. I heard the murmurs of some of them and knew the man was the school superintendent. He came with a few security men.

"What do you all think you're doing?! Beating a girl?!" He shouted at the boys, and they backed away.

While Callen was helped out of the classroom to the school hospital ward, the boys were warned against fighting, to instead report, but I knew his warning was like water poured on a rock..

"You will suffer for what you did, bitch!" Sophia gritted; her voice was brimming with anger, but I ignored her.

I was taken to the disciplinary room to be punished for what I did to Callen, but when we got there, he asked for my registration number, which I don't have. He asked for my name, and after checking for the names of the students at the school, mine wasn't among them.

It was then that he saw the slave mark and found the answer to his questions.

"You must be brave to hit your master." He muttered with a shrug.

"He isn't my master. He is a dickhead who should be dead! To even recall that he was my mate. Fuck it!" I spat angrily, and he rearranged his glasses.

"I can't punish you because you aren't a student here, but the bad news is that neither me nor the school can be concerned about whatever happens to you in this school. You have only yourself." He stated and gestured that I go back to class.

"Can't I have a desk to sit at?"

"You can't. Apologize to your master, and maybe he can let you sit with him." He shrugged and walked away.

I hissed and headed back.

When I got to the classroom, both Sophia and Callen weren't there. I guess they are still soothing Callen's aching balls with ice water.

I gently sat on Callen's desk, ignoring the glares of the students. A male teacher stepped in and began to teach whatever it was he was teaching because I wasn't listening at all. My mind wasn't even in the classroom as I was racking my brain on how to run away from this pack.

To hell with that dream I had about saving this pack from demons. I rather sit back and watch them perish. How could I be their savior when everyone had been a bug in my life. I wish Jaden would just appear here now, I will be leaving with him.

I can't stay here anymore.

In a few hours, the school bell rang, and it was time for break. They all began to troupe out, but I sat still, my hands clasped and placed on the table, as I maintained a straight gaze at nothing.

"You are fucked up!"

"You really had guts, and that will be your end."

"A slave that doesn't know her limit! Fool!"